I presently have 2.16.66.2 installed, and haven't updated it. I am aware that BlackBerry World wants to update to 2.16.76.2

I have seen reports that this update removes video calling. I always assumed that it was linked to the removal of support from what was going to be 31.12.16. I know that this date has been moved to July 2017.

Can someone please state what this update updated? I have also seen reports that it "reset the clock" within WA, but mine is still working just fine. All I get is a pop up message stating that "support has ended, please switch to supported phone". An "ok" clears this, and all works as it should.

Therefore, so as not to get caught out like with the Facebook "update", which was really just an update to remove it, I've ignored it.

Any developers out there know what's going on with the update?

Many thanks

Update: (18/1/2017)

This just became a defunct question, as during the course of today, it looks like this "timebomb" just went off, and the app could no longer be used to send any messages at all. There was a greyed out message in the text box that said "You can no longer use this app, as WhatsApp no longer supports this phone" - I had no choice but to update the app... FFS. Fecking Facebook/WA Group - what a bunch of ******'s.
    Last edited by rjsdavis; 01-18-17 at 04:43 PM.
    01-14-17 02:54 PM
    01-14-17 05:00 PM
    Please install the update if you wish to continue to use WhatsApp. It changes the expiration date, and fixes some bugs that were discovered since the previous release.

WhatsApp for BB10 has never had support for video calling.
    01-17-17 10:48 AM
    Well, I installed the android whatsapp on my phone and am loving the quote feature (not in the BlackBerry whatsapp). I dont think am going to use the BlackBerry version anymore.......going forward.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 02:56 PM
    Well, I installed the android whatsapp on my phone and am loving the quote feature (not in the BlackBerry whatsapp). I dont think am going to use the BlackBerry version anymore.......going forward.

Posted via CB10
    Can you share a picture? It's like the android whatsapp doesn't allow that on bb10

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:06 PM