Well, as everyone knows the market with every single detail, especially the members of crackberry forums, I am not going to start a thread about which operating system is better. In my opinion, to receive the updates from first hand is significantly important and that's why bb, ios, w10 and nexus devices are seem to be only alternatives here. Since today I had been using wm6.5 and android devices. And now I am looking for a new phone. I used bb passport and really liked it.

Shortly, I have one single question. We know that ios is going to be developed every yer, either w10, and also nexus devices. Are we sure about that even though they are not going to announce a new blackberry device, are they going to continue their development on operating system? I really don't want to hear after a year that blackberry started to use android and cut the support for older devices. Will there be 10.3.3 or even maybe 11? Any speculations?

I hope this thread can clear my mind about the worries for blackberry.
    Thanks...
    08-15-15 09:44 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry as a company is going anywhere. As far as devices, it looks like they have a round in the chamber w/ the slider that may or may not have some Android DNA. If that concerns you or you wonder what the future may bring, get a BB10 now. It's not like it's going to fall from the sky if Mr. Chen pulls devices off the shelves for us non gov types. To look at it another way....you could be dead tomorrow. Enjoy a BlackBerry today.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 10:54 AM
    I think the slider phone is just going to make the advertisement of blackberry if it's going to come with Android. And if it's coming with 10.3.2 I have right to ask why there are no improvements on their os. I believe the companies should get benefit from each other for interface like ios is getting similar to android on its each version. However, slider may come again with the same version(10.3.2), and on the passport(se) side too. I can understand slow movements on devices but software? I am not understanding this. If I am missing rumors about 10.3.3 please let me know.

On the other hand, I really would like to use a BB device,especially passport, but I don't know what we should understand for announcing the same phone with different colour after a year. That's why I said previously, at least it could come with a newer software.

(Btw I have started the thread)
    08-15-15 11:43 AM
    I can understand slow movements on devices but software? I am not understanding this. If I am missing rumors about 10.3.3 please let me know.

On the other hand, I really would like to use a BB device,especially passport, but I don't know what we should understand for announcing the same phone with different colour after a year. That's why I said previously, at least it could come with a newer software.

(Btw I have started the thread)
    What you seem to be missing here is that we just got the 10.3.2 update a little over a month ago... how exactly is that slow to you? IOS and Android update once a year, we've gone from 10.0 to 10.3 in a matter of two years.

If you want a BlackBerry Passport go get one. The Z10 is still a better phone than the iPhone 6, and that's over 2 years old so unless you are one of those ppl that gets the newest phone every month, just to have something new, then you have nothing to worry about.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-15-15 12:01 PM
    Passport has came with 10.3 and in a year we reached to 10.3.2 which i am not seeing a significant difference between 3.1 and 3.2. Fixing the software and improving the stability is not a thing that we should pleased to companies right? It is their responsibility, they must do this. Are we thanking all the time when windows is making updates every month? No.. Because they are patching their faults at the first time that they should have done. The things I am asking here is not these kind of updates, I am asking about an innovation.
    In my opinion, if BB can able to convince google or Microsoft to provide their apps working on BB World, as they are doing for the IOS, it will be a huge step. Well, I am not here to show a roadmap to a huge company, but if they are not even able to convince me who wants to buy a BB phone, I don't think they can convince people who wants to buy ios or android.
    08-15-15 12:28 PM
    No. Stay where you are.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 12:35 PM
    First off that entitled attitude isn't going to get you anywhere. Companies do what they please, not what we want. Second, IOS and Android have had more security holes and bad updates than any version of BB10 so if you want to compare the three I suggest you take that into consideration.

If you want a BlackBerry go get one. If you think IOS is flawless than nobody can help you. Be an iSheep if that is what you want.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-15-15 12:38 PM
    Don't go for BlackBerry, go for ios.
    08-15-15 12:54 PM
    mvpcrossxover and idhbar, u guys think this was funny? Well in every forum there are people like you, so, don't feel yourself bad.

kgbbz10, I agree with you about the good sides of blackberry and that's the reason I am still providing bb devices for my company(passport). However I am also getting the idea from your comments that you are confusing the approach of appreciating the other firms and being objective. I don't think ios users are making that much research about what they are buying, neither nowadays android users.

My only concern was to be able to hear a guarantee that bb is not going to leave bb10 like bb7... If still nexus 4 or ip4 is getting updates, our current devices should get updates for more years too. Are u understanding what i am talking about?
    08-15-15 01:10 PM
    There are no guarantees. Apple could flop tomorrow. Samsung is flopping now. HTC is bankrupt.
    BBOS is still selling. BlackBerry already flopped and are now making a comeback.

BlackBerry is making all the right efforts with their phones. Adding an android emulator to cover the app gap. Partnering with Amazon. I'm not sure what they are doing with Google, I'm not happy with it, but it's not my company. If they go the android route then we are all ****ed. I'll still be using my Classic and Z10 till it is completely unfeasible to do so, much like BBOS users are doing.

Seeing how half the cell phones being used today are still nonsmart phones I think your Passport, or any BB10 phone will still be around for years to come.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-15-15 01:22 PM
    I moved a couple of weeks ago after one year of android and earlier 10 years of palm/webOS - and I am very happy with my Q10, not missing a lot and phoning - talking to people is more fun again !!!

I now use my Note 3 for navigation in the car, as BlackBerry does not have 'here-maps' yetmmm

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 01:46 PM
    It's what i did 33 months ago and I run some android apps and love the HUB ,reception and battery life
    08-15-15 02:03 PM
    Well, I really hope that blackberry will continue developing their os without giving up and turning to android. Especially the software part must... And maybe one day we can see the os with other manufacturers, who knows... I don't approve an ecosystem like android but bb should find a way to carry on with their strongest side. Thanks for the comments...
    08-15-15 02:32 PM
    I've had Iphones and Androids.... 3gs, Note 4. I had a Z10 for two years before buying the Note 4 last November. The Note 4 is a really nice device. But for productivity, I decided to get the Silver Edition Passport. There is nothing like BB10 OS. The Hub, BB Blend, the snappy OS (no lag like my Note 4), and security will make you want a Blackberry.
    I'm glad I'm back in the Blackberry fold.
    tolgauho likes this.
    08-15-15 02:36 PM
    BlackBerry is following android. Upcoming slider is an example of that. It is better to get pure android rather than keeping BlackBerry.
    08-21-15 09:01 AM
    BlackBerry is following android. Upcoming slider is an example of that. It is better to get pure android rather than keeping BlackBerry.
    Lol you underestimate the power of BB10. Chen said that he wouldn't left BB10 right?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:55 AM
    Well, I really hope that blackberry will continue developing their os without giving up and turning to android. Especially the software part must... And maybe one day we can see the os with other manufacturers, who knows... I don't approve an ecosystem like android but bb should find a way to carry on with their strongest side. Thanks for the comments...
    Why don't you buy a cheap BlackBerry 10 device like the Z30? You don't need to spend a whole lot to try out the OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 12:14 PM
    As a previous poster said: enjoy a BlackBerry today.

Lovingly created by my Z30
    08-21-15 12:32 PM
    Bb10 is the best os I've ever used....it would be better if BlackBerry releases a 10.4 or 11..bcoz it's reali user efficient..i feel that there is no other os like BlackBerry which makes emailing & messaging easy and siimple with BlackBerry hub..im using classic ryt nw..best phone I've ever used..no lags..no hang ups..does the job efficiently..

Classic
    08-21-15 12:46 PM
    Lol you underestimate the power of BB10. Chen said that he wouldn't left BB10 right?

Posted via CB10
    Six months ago was a different world.... Classic and LEAP were still suppose to become big sellers.

In their condition, money can only be spent of products that have the potential to increase revenues.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-21-15 02:16 PM
    OP nobody can really answer your question, but I'll I can say is that it's possible that they continue BlackBerry 10 alongside Android BlackBerry. We will see. But don't hesitate on purchasing a BlackBerry 10 device if it fits your needs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 02:27 PM
    Hey Dave. I wanna upgrade to 10.3 but I can't find anything in Software Update.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 05:33 PM
    Hey Dave. I wanna upgrade to 10.3 but I can't find anything in Software Update.

Posted via CB10
    If your carrier hasn't pushed the update you won't find it. You could check out the sachesi method of updating. Or try to plug it in to Link desktop software see if it can pick up anything

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 05:47 PM
    Maybe I forgot to mention that I had used passport for a month. I really liked it and that's why wanted to change my daily phone in to a BB. However as far as I understood, currently we should all wait for the upcoming devices. It's really early to talk about the future of BB. After Slider, probably we will understand the roadmap of BB devices. And around those days, there will be also wp10 announcements, so.. lets first get out from this transitional season for the mobile technology.
    08-21-15 06:05 PM
    Maybe I forgot to mention that I had used passport for a month. I really liked it and that's why wanted to change my daily phone in to a BB. However as far as I understood, currently we should all wait for the upcoming devices. It's really early to talk about the future of BB. After Slider, probably we will understand the roadmap of BB devices. And around those days, there will be also wp10 announcements, so.. lets first get out from this transitional season for the mobile technology.
    For sure. It's wise to wait just a bit longer.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 09:18 PM