Needed opinion from everyone..specially people living in India.
    Z30 is definately a beast! I love BB a lot..and IMO, there is no OS that can compare to BB10. There are a hell lot of reasons why I want to go for the Z30.. The prime reason being that it is BB! Well, it is cheap now..and I can't afford the Passport, or any upcoming BB all touch flagship! So, Z30 is definately the best choice I have.. But then the htc 820 seems like an attractive offer! With the 64 bit octa core processor, and support for 4g lte band 40, and it is newer! (well, i understand that specs don't say ALL about a device..but still, won't the 64 bit processor have an edge? And 4g can be neglected..as the carriers will soon be supporting the band 3, 4g lte in our country soon!)
    umm, the lumia 830 is also a good option, it seems!
    So, how do these devices compare? I mean, in Feb, 2015, which will be a better choice?

N.B.: my budget is around ₹25000. And, i prefer BB, but, open for all OSes..
    02-23-15 01:38 PM
    I would say your z30 is the way to go. I absolutely love my z30 and I wouldn't go to any other device. I love the BlackBerry os and it just runs amazing. But also be prepared for an occasional glitch and not as many apps. But you can side loading lots of apps from android app store and amazon. But I personally love my BlackBerry and I came from apple. So that can say a lot.

Posted via CB10
    marouaneBB and Achyut Arjun like this.
    02-23-15 02:36 PM
    These days it's more about the ecosystem you're locked into or what you're more comfortable using.

All these phones can generally do the same stuff.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 02:39 PM
    Thats encourage me more to get the z30

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:50 PM
    With THAT good 2880 mAH battery, paratek antenna, stereo speakers, sturdy but quite sleek build, the hefty-ness (which I like), and the extremely beautiful BB10 OS, the Z30 is the BEST in a single word..
    And, the htc 820 isn't octa-core..and the 5.5" screen is a no-no for me. Had the Z10 a big battery like the Z30, I would have sticked to the Z10..
    02-23-15 11:03 PM
    No the z10 battery life is okay but not great. Depending on use you might be able to get a full day out of it. On days when I am taking lots of notes and doing lots of things with it I get like 4-6 hours of battery use. But saying that it depends on your usage, I've gone 3 days on a single charge. Checking Facebook instagram every now and then and sending like 200 text. So in that point of view it could be for you. I would go with the z30 me personally having and using z10 as daily driver I would strongly recommend the z30

Posted via CB10
    Achyut Arjun likes this.
    02-24-15 12:06 AM
    I also live in india. I should say at Rs. 25000 z30 is not at all a good option. It is a nice device but the price is way too high. If you like BlackBerry than go for it but interested in alternatives here are those-

1. Lumia 830 - you can get it at Rs. 21,000 as holi offer this month. I must admit it has better design, camera and display. It works smooth as z30. It's your choice whether you like windows OS or not.
    2. One plus one- it is the best Android device now. As far in india they are selling it every Tuesday in amazon. It features Snapchat 801, 3gb RAM, nice camera as lumia 830. It is very better than HTC desire 816. If you want android go for it.
    You can wait for BlackBerry rio. The device looks awesome. Wait for MWC(will be held on march1,2).

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-24-15 12:12 AM
    Yes, how long a battery lasts is definately dependent on the usage!
    I would suggest, you wait for the MWC, the rumoured BlackBerry rio, which has now been renamed to BlackBerry leap, is quite impressive in terms of specs, and that it won't be a flagship..but again, flagships are flagships, may it be at the time of release, or years later! Better, wait for a few weeks to know about BB's roadmap. "generally, newer is better" if that holds true for the rio/leap, then buy that..and if isn't better, go for Z30 (if you want BB), or go for lumia 830 (that's a nice package)
    and, if you want android, it again comes to which customised UI you prefer!
    I like the stock android, that has no 'adulteration'..and the Moto X (2013) gives near stock experience, then the Nexus 5 is also there..but nothing beats the Z30! Buy it, you won't regret! But, wait for the MWC, at least..
    02-24-15 01:28 AM