I loved my 9900 - best phone I've had. I sold it in 2011 because it was giving me too much problems, so I went with the iPhone. I've always said I'll get a BB once they fix their issues - it seems they did.

I'm currently an undergraduate student, and I love the idea of having a big screen to do my readings on during my commute, and be able to start on essays/projects. I've played around with it and really like it.

Like I said above, I loved my 9900. My brother has the Q10 and I like BB10. Everything seems so efficient. Typing on the Q10 and 9900 seem a lot faster than it was when I played with the Passport. Granted I've used the passport three different times, so I couldn't get a full feel of the typing on the keyboard. None the less, I think the Classic would definitely be faster, especially considering I don't have to alternate between typing on the screen and the keyboard. The tool belt is something I'm excited for as it helps with typing accuracy and the buttons allow you to quickly maneuver through the OS. One of my gripes with the Q10 was the despicable call quality. Given everything is relatively the same between the Q10 and Classic, this worries me.

Other than using the passport for doing my readings and potentially doing assignments on it when I commute (two hour commute daily total), I wouldn't really say I'd have much of a use for it otherwise. I do love the big screen for web browsing though. I'd mainly be using the device for communication, so I'm assuming the Classic might be the right phone, but yet I'm still torn.

There's close to a 300 dollar difference between the Passport and Classic, which is kind of a big deal for me considering I'm buying it off contract. That's an extra 300 I get to keep in my pocket if I go with the Classic. Though the Passport is undeniably beautiful.
    What do you guys think? I know it's kind of a stupid question to ask but I'd like some input.
    11-14-14 04:41 PM
    This:
    Which should I get the Classic or the Passport?-indestructible_nokia_3310.jpg

Seriously, get the one you like the most. Check the specs and go for it.
    11-14-14 06:20 PM
    I had the 9900, and the Q10, and I'm now a very happy Passport user myself. I won't recommend either one for you, but I'll give you some of my own impressions:

1) The Passport isn't for everyone. It's very wide and it may take some time to get used to. Whether you ever do or not is going to depend on how much you want to.

2) If you can get past the width of the device, I'd also warn that even though the Passport has a physical keyboard, it's not like any keyboard you've ever used. There's a learning curve, and again, your likelihood of getting past that learning curve is going to depend on how much you really want to.

3) If you can get past 1 and 2, the Passport is an outstanding device. Great performance, beautiful display, very good battery life, and a very distinctive form-factor that can definitely catch attention. When you see the device from different angles you see what a beautiful design it really is; I like leaving it face up on the table in front of me in meetings and watch the lock screen occasionally glow to life with new notifications, then fade back to an inscrutable black.

OTOH, the Classic is going to be a nice device, and more closely related to the Q10. Keyboard should be excellent (and possibly a little better with the increased width). The display will be bigger, and battery life should be pretty decent. As you note, it will also be a very affordable choice.

Bottom line, if you really like the concept of the Passport, are patient enough to work through the familiarity curve, and can afford the extra cost, it's a worthwhile device. If any of these concerns are insurmountable for you, the Classic should do nicely.
    11-14-14 06:29 PM
    Figure out your needs and weigh the comparisons, then make your decision from there. No one knows what you need in a phone but you.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:43 PM
    I just got the passport to be honest it is seriously big. I would go with the classic when it's out it looks really nice too. Gd luck x

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 06:17 AM
    If you're even at least a little open to change and a slightly different form factor, get the passport. If you're absolutely still loving the "classic" form factor and do not wish to change that, get the classic.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-15-14 07:52 AM