I am looking to purchase a new smartphone. I have tried both iOS and Android and well they are impressive, they are not for me. The last smartphone I have had was a Blackberry Bold 9900. For usage I make minimal phone calls, I email occasionally, I text quite a bit. I am a full time student so I want a phone that can act as a personal assistant with a great calendar and reminders, basically a phone for productivity. App wise the only apps I use on a constant basis are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and the web browser. So what do you think?
    01-27-15 12:16 AM
    Speaking as a Q10 user, I'd say go for it! This phone is a communication and personal information manager beast. When 10.3.1 drops in a week or two you'll get a some great new features like keyboard shortcuts and Blend.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2072 | Bell | via CB10
    01-27-15 12:27 AM
    I have a Q10. I love it. I have been a Blackberry user for about 15 or so year. I had a 9900 prior to my Q10. It does have a learning curve as the OS is slightly different from BlackBerry 7. The apps that you listed are all functional and work well. The Hub is a great new addition, and great for giving you all of your information updates in one well organized manner. If you want/need a physical keyboard there really isn't a better device.

All of that said, the Q is somewhat outdated at this point. If you want something similar to your 9900, you may like the "Classic" better.

As you'll note by my sig line, while I love my Q, I am putting cash away each month for the Passport . You may want to take a look at them as well depending on what you want to spend.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    01-27-15 12:29 AM
    POSTSCRIPT **

I really have to agree with laketrout on 10.3.1.2072. I loaded the leak on my wife's Z10 and it is fantastic. Much cleaner, faster, and Blend is pretty damn cool. The android apk loaded in 10.3 is much better as well. On your Q though, you will have some issues with the aspect ration on some applications.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 Waiting for my Passport
    01-27-15 12:34 AM
    My budget is $200 and I am going to buy the device outright off of ebay.
    01-27-15 12:40 AM
    Just a word of caution, there is a large number of Q10s that have faulty keyboards. Look up the double typing issue in a search. I must have gotten the unluckiest Q10 because almost every single letter on my keyboard suffered double typing. Also, many Q10s suffer restart issues where the lightest taps will restart the phone...which mine also suffered. Maybe you'll get lucky. I have a Passport now which I can't recommend enough.

If you're on a budget, honestly, get the Q5. Same screen size, resolution, and internal specs. Plus there are no reports of double typing that I'm aware of. Q5s are on ebay brand new for $159.99

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 12:45 AM
    I've spent a lot of time with the iphone 4s and various android devices before my current Q10, the last android device i had was the LG G2.
    The cons first :
    i've noticed an issue with my keyboard which was fixed by the service team by reconnecting the cable so its an issue similar to what DingleberryDan had mentioned.
    The Q10 works just fine for your requirements expect for youtube and web-browsing, main issue here is the screen size. Youtube annoys the **** out of me because of the difference in aspect ratio so nearly 99% of the vids i watch on youtube have the black bands reducing the viewing area of an already small screen as compared to most devices.
    With web-browsing and scrolling in general i still accidentally swipe to the home screen while i'm trying to scroll and its something which will go away as i get used to the device (been about 1 month using the q10 3 inch screen as compared to the G2 5 inch screen)

The pros :
    Its a beast of the device for typing....nuff said
    I would actually get fedup of typing on a touch screen and i dont seem to facing any irritation using the keyboard on my q10
    Blackberry HUB is awesome as its only job is to collectively display all your notifications/texts/emails etc and it does that extremely well

Difference between Q10 , Q5 and classic:
    Since your a Bold user you would be be more comfortable with the Classic or the Q10, ive used the Q5 and the audible 'click' when typing isnt so bad (coz i've used a curve device before) but may be a deal breaker for you.
    The Q5 screen seems a bit bigger because of the blackberry logo at the bottom of it so you have a litte more room to swipe to home screens, but personally i had no issues swiping to home on both the q10 and q5

Again personally i have no issues with the classic and honestly didnt use it at all, because i find it pointless over the q10, sure it has more network bands to work with and the trackpad and the familar call/end/back/menu buttons but whats the need of a trackpad when you can get handsy with the screen. Then again your getting a bit more screen real estate with the classic i think its about 3.5 in if i'm not mistaken.

Anyways if youtube and browsing is a deal breaker for you and you still only want to rock a BB device then maybe the Z30 or the Passport might be better if your willing to give up the physical keyboard entirely or as with the passport get used to the hybrid typing experience.
    01-27-15 01:31 AM
    Same condition here, full time student, a lot of seminars....
    Bought the q10 but regret it now looking for Z30
    Only problem is the screen size and physical keyboard.
    So, if you don't mind looking a little bit vague holding the phone with both hands, and have no problem with half apps, half presentation as they can be in Z30 go for q10, it would be nice and fast for text messaging.
    Other wise add a sum of about 100$ and get the Z30 .

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 10:51 PM
    I am looking to purchase a new smartphone. I have tried both iOS and Android and well they are impressive, they are not for me. The last smartphone I have had was a Blackberry Bold 9900. For usage I make minimal phone calls, I email occasionally, I text quite a bit. I am a full time student so I want a phone that can act as a personal assistant with a great calendar and reminders, basically a phone for productivity. App wise the only apps I use on a constant basis are Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and the web browser. So what do you think?
    Classic price is really high now. When the price of classic decreases buy it..

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-29-15 09:12 AM
    I was going to post that myself i just recently got a new (supposedly?) white Q5 for that price. Has a radio! I wish i got that in the first place instead of the Z10 but i didnt know about them and they probably werent that cheap last year. There were pink ones too, but those were priced way higher, or i would have gone pink.

Really i am pining for a Classic but cant justify the cost and couldnt resist the Q5. These come with 4G or 3G only so be careful you see which one youre getting. I purposely went with 3G for certain reasons, and it plays videos quite amazingly well.
    02-06-15 08:42 AM