Outside of the possibility that the phone may have been stolen, I found a fairly cheap Passport on ebay for sale. The seller just says they can't get around the password lock and if you know how to work around the security look out its in good working order. I read on another tech site that if you get to the security wipe you should be able to reuse the phone after the wipe as long as you have a backup from a Bb10 device. I was wondering if this is possible or what would be the next option if I do decide to purchase it?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 09:02 PM
    Outside of the possibility that the phone may have been stolen, I found a fairly cheap Passport on ebay for sale. The seller just says they can't get around the password lock and if you know how to work around the security look out its in good working order. I read on another tech site that if you get to the security wipe you should be able to reuse the phone after the wipe as long as you have a backup from a Bb10 device. I was wondering if this is possible or what would be the next option if I do decide to purchase it?

Posted via CB10
    Do not buy that phone. If it is password locked and they can't unlock it then it's most likely stolen, and you will not be able to unlock it unless you have the BBID login credentials or the seller unlocks it.

Again, do not buy this device.
    08-29-16 09:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    You begin with the possibility that the phone may be stolen, and you still even entertain thoughts of buying the phone? You are an amazing individual.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-16 09:58 PM
    Runaway from that device. You'll be locked out of it since it seems like I probably has theft protection activated.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    08-29-16 11:24 PM
    I hate the idea of E waste and the only reason I'm entertaining the idea of buying it is because of the cheap price and no more contracts on my phone lines. I can upgrade to a Passport AT&T version but I'd be paying more in the long run than buying a used one out right. Is there a possibility of reloading the device software and starting it from scratch? I spoke with the seller and he locked himself out of the phone somehow and just doesn't remember his BlackBerry id information. I asked him if he tried reloading a backup of a previous device but he said it was his first in some time.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 07:03 AM
    I hate the idea of E waste and the only reason I'm entertaining the idea of buying it is because of the cheap price and no more contracts on my phone lines. I can upgrade to a Passport AT&T version but I'd be paying more in the long run than buying a used one out right. Is there a possibility of reloading the device software and starting it from scratch? I spoke with the seller and he locked himself out of the phone somehow and just doesn't remember his BlackBerry id information. I asked him if he tried reloading a backup of a previous device but he said it was his first in some time.

Posted via CB10
    See above. Same thing, it's not his to sell if he can't unlock it - if he's really the owner and he can't unlock it, no one else will be able to either. That's the whole point of BlackBerry's anti-theft feature, and there's absolutely no way around it.
    08-30-16 08:40 AM