I am not a phone junkie so excuse my ignorance..........but I do like the Passport Silver Edition. My first smartphone was a BB Curve and I currently have a Bold 9900. I am now considering getting a new phone. I am not much into the social media thing like twitter, snap chat erc. I seldome check my facebook page. If the BB10 OS is ending, does it make sense buying the Passport? Is it really compatible with the Android apps?.......I am not too interested in their vdeo games. What is this "side loading" thing with Android apps I keep hearing about? I see the use of phones to pay at the point of sale. I take it this is an app. If it is an Android app, will it work on the Passport? In short, will my Passport be able to carry me for the next few years rather than being left behind by Android specific phones or IOS?
    07-08-16 09:36 PM
    No. If you want a BlackBerry, get a PRIV, or start looking at some other Android phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-16 10:07 PM
    Before I say anything, let me just say that this constant "BlackBerry 10 OS is ending" statement isn't true; it's FUD! There's an update coming this year and another next year. After that, they will do a reassessment and determine the fate from there. That's the real truth about the situation. Yes, you will need to side load android app store like Cobalt's Google Play or Snap if you want most Android apps, but there are instructions and videos on the forum to assist you with doing so. Android pay apps are 99% likely to fail if used from a BlackBerry 10 device. All in all, if you aren't too worried about the latest flashiest phone, or social media apps, then the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition will make a fabulous choice. Apps do exist on BlackBerry, but there isn't a ton, especially when compared to iOS and Android.
    07-08-16 10:12 PM
    Before I say anything, let me just say that this constant "BlackBerry 10 OS is ending" statement isn't true; it's FUD! There's an update coming this year and another next year. After that, they will do a reassessment and determine the fate from there. That's the real truth about the situation. Yes, you will need to side load android app store like Cobalt's Google Play or Snap if you want most Android apps, but there are instructions and videos on the forum to assist you with doing so. Android pay apps are 99% likely to fail if used from a BlackBerry 10 device. All in all, if you aren't too worried about the latest flashiest phone, or social media apps, then the BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition will make a fabulous choice. Apps do exist on BlackBerry, but there isn't a ton, especially when compared to iOS and Android.
    Until they stop updating the OS. As long as they rollout 10.3.XXX..... Oh that's right, that's been on hold for awhile. When other companies keep updating their websites and your browser slowly loses functionality like on my Passport browser. I love my Passport but it's old. Can't spend time constantly fixing run around solutions when I can just buy Android phone. I bought a PRIV because it's the closest Android phone I can buy that reminds me of using my BlackBerry phones of the last fifteen years. Other Androids can be okay too. Owning the passport is like owning a diesel car and then having to drive around town for the few stations that sell diesel when all stations offer gas.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-09-16 01:50 PM
    Yeah but it worth it cause the diesel cars live longer lol

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 03:49 PM
    Yeah but it worth it cause the diesel cars live longer lol

Posted via CB10
    This. Use both a Passport and Android phone for 5 years, and you'll see some interesting results.
    07-11-16 10:11 PM