I couldn't afford a VzW data plan/Blackberry when BB was on top of "the wave", so I opted for the VzW Motorola Q (Windows 6) without a data plan. I LOVED the form factor and longed for the day we could afford a data plan.

Years later, we now have a data plan and everyone in the house has an iPhone. My VzW Samsung Brightside basic phone is long past due to be replaced and I'm looking again at BB.

I'm excited to see VzW carries the Classic 10.3.1 (which offers the form factor I loved in my Moto Q), but am a little concerned about the tiny 3.5" screen. VzW also offers the Z30 10.2.1 which offers a large screen, but at the cost of a physical keyboard and an older OS.

Any advise? This will be my first smartphone.

Thanx,
    Cap10
    03-23-15 01:24 PM
    Get the Z30! No question. Battery life is fantastic, it has wireless charging, VZW model only STA100-3 (saves on the charging/data port, and I use a Nokia DT-900 wireless charger 35 bucks at Amazon, one at work and one at home.), and with a micro-HDMI cable you can mirror your display/movies onto your big screen home tv (or hotel tv if on the road traveling). Solid device.

The update to 10.3.1.xxxx WILL be fixed, so we will get the update once it's fixed and released by VZW. Just make sure you watch/read here in the forums BEFORE you do any update, to see if there are issues with it. And back up everything before you do the update so you can revert back if need be...

Do it....
    03-23-15 01:53 PM
    I couldn't afford a VzW data plan/Blackberry when BB was on top of "the wave", so I opted for the VzW Motorola Q (Windows 6) without a data plan. I LOVED the form factor and longed for the day we could afford a data plan.

Years later, we now have a data plan and everyone in the house has an iPhone. My VzW Samsung Brightside basic phone is long past due to be replaced and I'm looking again at BB.

I'm excited to see VzW carries the Classic 10.3.1 (which offers the form factor I loved in my Moto Q), but am a little concerned about the tiny 3.5" screen. VzW also offers the Z30 10.2.1 which offers a large screen, but at the cost of a physical keyboard and an older OS.

Any advise? This will be my first smartphone.

Thanx,
    Cap10
    You can install the same OS on either device... so don't let that be a factor (eventually Verizon will release an update, but you can install an even newer - and more stable leak yourself). And the Z30 is in most ways a newer device, so don't let the fact that the Classic was just released be the deciding factor.

Personally I like a larger screen and don't care much for a QWERTY device, so I'd choose the Z30. But others would rather have the keyboard. It's really up to what works best for you.
    03-23-15 01:55 PM
    In my family we have both phones along with a Q10 in current service. The Classic owner came from a 9900 and is having trouble adapting but will not give up her keyboard. The Z30 is in my hands. The screen size and great virtual keyboard are real winners for me. Battery life is excellent. The form factor is about perfect IMHO.

But to each theirs. All depends on what you want from a phone today. Two great choices. All is about you and your usage.
    03-23-15 02:22 PM
    Z30 has great battery comfortable to one hand, the keyboard is really fast, search for some videos, it is faster than the physical keyboard.

The only thing I don't like is that the word BlackBerry doesn't shine so bright. It is easy to change the display, my friend crashed one.

I used a z10, currently with Passport.
    Have 5 friends with the z30

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:26 PM
    The z30 is a amazing choice but the classic u can type emails fast but it depends if u want a keyboard or a full touch screen I loved the keyboard since I had the bold 9650 and the bold 9900 and I tried the z30 and it was my best choice and I wouldn't want to go back to the classic so it's up to u
    03-23-15 06:54 PM
    Z30 definitely!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 07:02 PM