Hi,

My Samsung has died and I'm borrowing a Bold 9900. On my android phone I was able to just turn on a wifi hotspot and connect from my laptop - I have an unlimited data plan from T-mobile and never needed any additional information to get started.

I've just tried turning on a wifi hotspot on the 9900 and it's asking me for 'credentials provided by your mobile network provider', including the APN and a username and password. Is there any way to bypass this? If not, at what point would I have been given this information, or how can I find it out?

Many thanks.
    09-06-14 04:43 PM
    My Z10 has died as well, now using Curve 9300. Also asking me for the password and username. Can't help you I'm afraid.
    09-06-14 07:12 PM
    Hi,

My Samsung has died and I'm borrowing a Bold 9900. On my android phone I was able to just turn on a wifi hotspot and connect from my laptop - I have an unlimited data plan from T-mobile and never needed any additional information to get started.

I've just tried turning on a wifi hotspot on the 9900 and it's asking me for 'credentials provided by your mobile network provider', including the APN and a username and password. Is there any way to bypass this? If not, at what point would I have been given this information, or how can I find it out?

Many thanks.
    If you are just borrowing the device as a replacement to your samsung phone, then the reason why your blackberry isn't functioning is because your original contract is for android and not blackberry. You need a service plan specific to blackberry to use services on a legacy blackberry device.
    09-06-14 07:15 PM