Hi ... I recently upgraded my Blackberry and am giving my old Blackberry (Z30) to my mother. I've done a factory re-set and had it set up for service using my existing Blackberry ID. Unfortunately when I tried changing the BB ID I found that it also changed the ID on my new phone. Is there a way to de-link the two units so that they each have their own BB ID?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    09-29-16 08:27 AM
    Need to logon to BlackBerry protect and remove that phone.. then remove any device password and log out of the BBID account (or wipe the phone).
    09-29-16 10:33 AM
    Thanks for the information. I logged into BB protect and found the old device; oddly enough my new device doesn't show up. I'll look into that. However I also would to clarify some points in your reply. I see where I can remove the phone (first part of your suggestion). You then go on to say "remove any device password and log out of the BBID account". I presume these are things that I do on the old phone. Is that correct? If so, once I do that can I set up a new ID on the old phone with it's own email address and password?
    09-29-16 02:50 PM
    Dunt Dunt Dunt ... Thanks for the information. I replied to your suggestion on Sept 29 but am not sure the question got through. Trying again ... I logged into BB protect and found the old device; oddly enough my new device doesn't show up. I'll look into that. However I also would to clarify some points in your reply. I see where I can remove the phone (first part of your suggestion). You then go on to say "remove any device password and log out of the BBID account". I presume these are things that I do on the old phone. Is that correct? If so, once I do that can I set up a new ID on the old phone with it's own email address and password?
    10-23-16 03:28 PM
    As suggested by Dunt, log-in to BBPROTECT and disassociate device ....open Manage Devices...select your phone and press Remove.

You are correct....The remaining steps are then completed on your old device(removing any existing passwords, security wipe) and ONLY then will you be able to enter a new BBid on your old device.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 11:37 PM