I bought a new Z10 on Amazon.com in October, but returned it almost immediately because I quickly realized it wasn't the right model for use with AT&T. Today I received an email from someone who didn't identify himself, referring to my "recent" Amazon return and saying, "We just need the password that is on the phone." I assume this is the third-party seller who's contacting me, but I don't know that. Does he mean my BlackBerry ID/password? Why does he need that? Is this safe/secure? I have my SIM card. I've since bought a Passport and am using my ID/password. I was thinking I could change the password right away, but then wouldn't he just then need that? This doesn't sound right to me but maybe I'm being excessively suspicious. Can anyone please advise me? Thanks.
    02-17-16 04:52 PM
    Login as Zocsters has suggested.

Don't provide the password or your BBID even if it is a legitimate request.
    If you did not disassociate the device from your BB protect or BBID it's preventing them from enabling device after security wipe.

Log in to BlackBerry Protect and remove z10 from device list. That should be sufficient.

Posted via CB10
    you could possibly remove the old z10 from https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...&locale=ZW4%3D here? You might have forgotten to turn 'find my phone' feature under BBID?
    02-17-16 04:57 PM
    Login as Zocsters has suggested.

Don't provide the password or your BBID even if it is a legitimate request.
    If you did not disassociate the device from your BB protect or BBID it's preventing them from enabling device after security wipe.

Log in to BlackBerry Protect and remove z10 from device list. That should be sufficient.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 05:12 PM
    Thank you both! I didn't see a way to remove the old Z10 via blackberryid.com, but in BlackBerry Protect, I saw the Z10 listed, with an option to remove it. So I did that. Then I emailed the seller to let him know that I've disassociated the phone from my BlackBerry Protect account and that it should be OK now (and I asked him to let me know). I appreciate your help with this!
    02-17-16 08:08 PM