Sorry if I am posting to the wrong thread I am new here. Am honestly sick of my iphone and am looking to cross over to the black berry.
    To give you a general idea of what I use my phone for this is mainly what I am searching for:
    Something with an easy to use keyboard (or sype if they have them). I am a senior in college so between class work, actual work, and my organizations, I am on my email frequently.
    Something that has a decent battery life, I normally start class at 8am and get back to my house around 6pm.
    I enjoy listening to music. So something that can have spotify or even hold 100 or so songs.
    I'm pretty active with running and kayaking. So if at all possible, something somewhat life resistant.

Back to the sype keyboard. I'm not sure if bb had them but back when I had an android I loved it for typing up long emails. So that would be a huge plus.

I know I'm kind of all over the place here but I'm ready to move away from the iPhone and all the apps that come with it. And any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time!
    09-07-14 02:21 PM
    Sorry if I am posting to the wrong thread I am new here. Am honestly sick of my iphone and am looking to cross over to the black berry.
    To give you a general idea of what I use my phone for this is mainly what I am searching for:
    Something with an easy to use keyboard (or sype if they have them). I am a senior in college so between class work, actual work, and my organizations, I am on my email frequently.
    Something that has a decent battery life, I normally start class at 8am and get back to my house around 6pm.
    I enjoy listening to music. So something that can have spotify or even hold 100 or so songs.
    I'm pretty active with running and kayaking. So if at all possible, something somewhat life resistant.

Back to the sype keyboard. I'm not sure if bb had them but back when I had an android I loved it for typing up long emails. So that would be a huge plus.

I know I'm kind of all over the place here but I'm ready to move away from the iPhone and all the apps that come with it. And any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Sounds lile a Q10 or Q5 with an otterbox case is the one for you!

Q5s are going real cheap now and with 10.3 soon to come you'll be getting a great deal.

But if dont mind spending a bit more a Q10 is simply awesome.

Posted via CB10
    tmet5 likes this.
    09-07-14 02:47 PM
    Do you need a large screen, or would you be willing to try a smaller screen to gain an actual real physical keyboard? The BB10 virtual keyboard is excellent, but some find that nothing beats a physical keyboard. Both Z30 and Q10 have excellent battery life and would definitely get you through the day with your usage.

Unfortunately there are no water resistant BlackBerry devices, but you can always get a case/pouch.

Finally, are there any particular apps on your iPhone that you absolutely MUST have on any future smartphone? If so, make sure you find out if they are available either as native apps, or as compatible android apps.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:49 PM
    I would wait until the passport is released. It is supposed to be really interesting, and the keyboard is also a touch pad, so it might have a swype like input ability.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 02:59 PM

If you're in Canada and want a z10 cheap, you can get one direct and unlocked from BlackBerry using the discount code in the link below:

PSA: "SAVE100BB148" -$100 Cdn Coupon Code still works for Z10/Q10/Q5 as of 20-Aug-14

For $199 unlocked, I don't think you can go wrong with the price. Note you're not going to get all the apps that you'd get on iOS but after the 10.3 OS drops in the next little while you'll be able to run most Android ones..

Now with regards to the battery, I'm going to suggest a couple of accessories that you shouldn't be without:

1) Battery bundle - z10 has a replaceable battery. I use mine for work and can get 14-16 hours through moderate use - some have complained it's less, but I can assure you that it's better than iphone -> everyone else at work using an iphone 5S needs to use some sort of portable charger or external battery pack attached.
    Just charge this battery pack along with your phone and use it as a charging option or just replace the battery in your z10 -> simple... remember you may not need it!

http://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-ACC5...droidcent08-20

For $26 bucks

2) Buy yourself the 1.8V battery wall charger. This sucker will charge your z10 from dead to full in just about 2 hours.

http://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-Orig...droidcent08-20

For $5

So for about $235 Cdn (not including taxes and $13 in shipping for the phone).. you can get into a BlackBerry pretty inexpensively...

I love mine .. and so does my wife and kids.. there's so much you can do with it and extremely efficiently!

PS: I think the flick keyboard by BB is way better than swype
    09-07-14 03:15 PM

I would go with the Q10. I write huge emails all the time and it is the perfect daily driver, especially for someone like you who is a senior. You're probably panicking about GRE, MCAT, LSAT, or GMAT stuff now. Haha well the Q10 will not only help you get organised, focused and productive, you can actually do most of your basic work (i.e., typing/editing a paper/spreadsheet/presentation) with the Q10. I've even read some journal articles I had stored on my OneDrive directly from the file browser on my BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    tmet5 likes this.
    09-07-14 07:04 PM
    Go for Z30 or wait for Passport

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-07-14 07:07 PM
    Awesome, thank you for taking the time to type this up. I really like the specs on the Q10 I think I will actually be giving this one a try.
    09-07-14 09:31 PM
    I would go with the Q10. I write huge emails all the time and it is the perfect daily driver, especially for someone like you who is a senior. You're probably panicking about GRE, MCAT, LSAT, or GMAT stuff now. Haha well the Q10 will not only help you get organised, focused and productive, you can actually do most of your basic work (i.e., typing/editing a paper/spreadsheet/presentation) with the Q10. I've even read some journal articles I had stored on my OneDrive directly from the file browser on my BlackBerry.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    Thanks! After someone else posted to check out the Q10 ive found that I really enjoy the look to it and the specs. And spot on, im currently going crazy with studying for the MCAT lol. Yeah thats one thing that really drew me to the BB is how much it helps you get organized. I cannot really do that on my Iphone. And its funny you also mention OneDrive because I am using that about 90% of the time for my organizations.
    09-07-14 09:36 PM
    Thanks! After someone else posted to check out the Q10 ive found that I really enjoy the look to it and the specs. And spot on, im currently going crazy with studying for the MCAT lol. Yeah thats one thing that really drew me to the BB is how much it helps you get organized. I cannot really do that on my Iphone. And its funny you also mention OneDrive because I am using that about 90% of the time for my organizations.
    You should also check out the Z30. Best battery life and 5 inch screen. And gives you a sense of how poor the iOS touch keyboard is in comparison.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    tmet5 likes this.
    09-07-14 09:54 PM