Hey all,

Forgive the beginner questions, but I had a few I was hoping people would be able to answer:

1.) I am looking to do a complete wipe of my phone. If I were to use the integrated security wipe feature (Settings>Security and Privacy>Security Wipe) would this erase everything I have input but leave my currently loaded OS (10.2.1.3247) intact after the wipe for me to start fresh again, or will I need to load the OS through an update? I am looking to start fresh but leave the latest OS, is this the best option?

2.) When I have wiped my phone and signed in again with my BBID, will BBM automatically populate with my contacts again? Will anything be required of me or my contacts on BBM?

3.) Similar to 2, but after the wipe when I sign into BB App World with my BBID, will all of my previous purchases/free downloads ('Available' apps in My World) automatically be listed here?

Thanks guys!
    08-20-14 08:18 PM
    Yes Yes and Yes
    Smitty13 likes this.
    08-20-14 08:36 PM
    Are you backing up your phone first with BB Link?

1. It should wipe all of the data and apps that were not there when the phone was new. Your your phone provider will provide you with the most current version of the OS. If you are loading leaks, you will have to do this yourself.

2. usually. My depend on which type of mailing program you are using. ie: Google, Yahoo, Outlook

3. Yes

that's my experience with wiping. There may be other answers.
    Smitty13 likes this.
    08-20-14 08:37 PM
    Are you backing up your phone first with BB Link?

1. It should wipe all of the data and apps that were not there when the phone was new. Your your phone provider will provide you with the most current version of the OS. If you are loading leaks, you will have to do this yourself.

2. usually. My depend on which type of mailing program you are using. ie: Google, Yahoo, Outlook

3. Yes

that's my experience with wiping. There may be other answers.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am doing a backup via Link first just in case I miss anything in my manual backups or with Backup Pro app. So long as the wipe will keep the most current OS, I would be happy. I am not on leaks, so regaining the newest OS wouldn't be a major hurdle, just more of an inconvenience.

As per 2., I am talking strictly BBM, so it looks like I should be safe if they are associated with my BBID. I don't really use any third party mailing contacts or the like, so I should be safe.

Thanks again!
    FireChestApps likes this.
    08-20-14 10:00 PM
    Yes your good to go, why are you doing a wipe.
    Ecm likes this.
    08-20-14 10:06 PM
    Yes your good to go, why are you doing a wipe.
    Good question.

With the exception of changing BBID's on a device or getting it ready to sell, there isn't usually a need to wipe a device.

There have been a number of times within the Forums that a security wipe has been receomended by well-intentioned members to other members to resolve an issue. Yes, this is sometimes helpful, but there are often alternatives.

OP, if you're having an issue, let's hear it nd see if we can help you in another way.
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-21-14 08:06 AM
    Good question.

With the exception of changing BBID's on a device or getting it ready to sell, there isn't usually a need to wipe a device.

There have been a number of times within the Forums that a security wipe has been receomended by well-intentioned members to other members to resolve an issue. Yes, this is sometimes helpful, but there are often alternatives.

OP, if you're having an issue, let's hear it nd see if we can help you in another way.
    Thanks for the concern guys, but the wipe has nothing to do with any functionality or speed issues. I suppose you could call it more of a psychological thing that I like to build from the ground up again.

Absolutely nothing I really need help with, apart from the questions I asked earlier.
    08-21-14 08:40 AM
    Sounds like you're good to go. Wipe away.
    Smitty13 likes this.
    08-21-14 09:00 AM