I know BB10 platform is very secure and I m a fanboy of it. But since I have now joined college, I have a security concern about it. I need to lock my device (I don't want unknown guys to use it without my permission) like PIN number or picture password. Picture password is just amazing. But when I tried both of these method (PIN and picture password), I came to know that if you enter your password 10 times wrong, your data will be wiped.

This is also somewhat good for security but for few BB guys. I don't anyone to enter password 10 times wrong knowingly. If anyone do so, I will lost my data and I don't want this. Please Blackberry, improve here! There shouldn't be any limit on number of attemps. However they can set a method so that if anyone enters wrong password 5 or 10 times, they won't be able to input password for 5 or 10 minutes.

Hope BB will have a look at this post! Am I right guys?
    08-09-14 10:26 AM
    Guys, above post is by me. Forgot to login.
    08-09-14 10:30 AM
    Well the intentional use of the 10 times password wipe is a concern of mine too but truth be told it's the best security ever for your files brute force. On the other hand the wait period tour proposing would be a great addition.

I make sure I have everything backed up.

1. Contacts, calender, emails synched.
    2. Files using cloud backup.
    3. Apps. Well u can always Re download em.

Also regular pc synching is good practice although I hate restoring. I usually prefer clean install.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    08-09-14 10:31 AM
    Thanks for quick reply. You're right. It's a great security feature but we BB users should have a choice. Even HTC is adding this feature in sense UI
    08-09-14 10:34 AM
    The trouble is that if you want that security (on any device) then that means if you forget your password then you can't get round it. How else could it offer security? Same applies to a Windows PC - ultimately don't forget your password.

As for someone doing it deliberately, well if someone is that stupid you can't stop them. Limiting human idiocy is always a challenge.

Posted via CB10
    step07 likes this.
    08-09-14 10:35 AM
    Your best bet is to give your feedback directly to them via BlackBerry's icanmakeitbetter site:
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com
    08-09-14 10:36 AM

1. Contacts, calender, emails synched.
    2. Files using cloud backup.
    3. Apps. Well u can always Re download em.
    ss
    Plz, which cloud app are you using to auto back up all your files?

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-09-14 07:00 PM
    Everything on my device backs up automatically anyway

Intouch Contacts for Contacts
    Box for photos and documents
    Mega for my videos
    Evernote for my odd notes and occasional password
    And sync my calendar to my Hotmail account

So I'd never actually lose anything other than game data but still yeah I'd like the option to disable the wiping feature... or at least be able to log in with my BlackBerry ID to get it back on.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 07:59 PM
    Everything on my device backs up automatically anyway

Intouch Contacts for Contacts
    Box for photos and documents

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your informative response, I don't know that Box is useful here I only use Dropbox and Google+ to auto backup my photos on iOS which Box is lacking over there but I'm glad it has an option to backup my photos and videos on this platform

Do I still need intouch because I had setup both my Hotmail and Gmail to work with my contacts and calendar when I was setting up emails?

My first BlackBerry Z10
    08-09-14 10:22 PM
    Thanks for your informative response, I don't know that Box is useful here I only use Dropbox and Google+ to auto backup my photos on iOS which Box is lacking over there but I'm glad it has an option to backup my photos and videos on this platform

Do I still need intouch because I had setup both my Hotmail and Gmail to work with my contacts and calendar when I was setting up emails?

My first BlackBerry Z10
    If you sync your contacts with your email accounts you don't need Intouch Contacts, I just find it a little easier to organise everything across all my devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 03:00 PM
    Three words: brute-force attack.

But I do understand what you mean, I've heard stories on CB about "friends" who wipe their friend's BlackBerry by 10 wrong passwords..!
    08-10-14 03:21 PM
    Three words: brute-force attack.

But I do understand what you mean, I've heard stories on CB about "friends" who wipe their friend's BlackBerry by 10 wrong passwords..!
    I'd never give my BB to anyone... when locked, it is guarded like my wallet!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-10-14 03:23 PM
    Same. I always protect my LE.

But people tend to be careless with their phones.

I'd never give my BB to anyone... when locked, it is guarded like my wallet!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-10-14 04:23 PM
    Your security concern is to make it less secure because that would be more convenient for you? How about no?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-10-14 04:30 PM
    Your security concern is to make it less secure because that would be more convenient for you? How about no?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    It is an awesome feature that can be abused. I would rather have the option of having phone locked temporarily and an unlocking mechanism that uses email authentication codes(or something similar). I lost all my data once because of my cousin who didn't know any better. So yeah, i think there need to be more options to choose from instead of just one.
    08-10-14 04:40 PM
    Use the color palette locking feature. You set it up by joining numbered color tiles with your fingers. To unlock the phone you have to match the pattern to the numbers on the color tiles. If after ten tries wrong then a password will be requested (from what I remember). Then there are 10 tries at the password.

Another solution is to keep a backup of the phone on a laptop or some other PC that you have access to. If the phone gets wiped you can restore from the backup. You will need your Blackberry account and phone password to do the restore.
    09-27-14 01:00 PM
    It would be a nice option to have. Not everyone has top secret info so if someone, anyone that is nosey wants to look it can keep them out but not wipe everything. Doesn't seem that hard to do just for some ijjit trying to snoop and not stealing top secret files.
    09-27-14 01:25 PM