I'm often finding that the search function in the hub stops working after a while. I'll type something in the search bar but then nothing will happen. I'll have to restart the phone to get it to work.

I was hoping that just resetting the hub would work and be much quicker than restarting the whole thing. I've read somewhere here on CB that the hub can be reset by swiping down five times from the top right.

Where exactly is the start and end point of the swipe? I can't seem to get it to work.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    04-30-15 10:14 AM
    Top right to the bottom of the header usually does it for me
    04-30-15 10:32 AM
    This should show you exactly what to do!
    crazigee likes this.
    04-30-15 10:45 AM
    This should show you exactly what to do!
    Thanks that was very helpful. So it's a diagonal swipe. Still not getting it each time but I am most times. I think my Otterbox Defender is getting in the way a bit.

Thanks for the help.

04-30-15 11:07 AM
    I have a Z10 running latest OS and I have this same problem. Searching from the HUB doesn't work properly. By that I meant it would take ages to search and return the results. 10.2.1 had it working nicely. This must have something to do with the changes to universal search that they added voice functionality.
    It felt like it wasn't performing the search but it was actually performing the search but it was just too slow. This is meant to be filtering results while you type but its filtering the results too slow. You can confirm this by doing a test: type the name of any of your friend (that you already had some messages in the HUB), then you just wait (don't even need to hit Enter key). It would look like its not doing anything but its actually doing the search in the background and would return the results after a **long** while.
    This is a major OS bug that they don't even bother listing it because there are too many to list. The Blackberry ship is on a rough surface.
    05-03-15 09:23 PM
    I have a Z10 running latest OS and I have this same problem. Searching from the HUB doesn't work properly. By that I meant it would take ages to search and return the results. 10.2.1 had it working nicely. This must have something to do with the changes to universal search that they added voice functionality.
    It felt like it wasn't performing the search but it was actually performing the search but it was just too slow. This is meant to be filtering results while you type but its filtering the results too slow. You can confirm this by doing a test: type the name of any of your friend (that you already had some messages in the HUB), then you just wait (don't even need to hit Enter key). It would look like its not doing anything but its actually doing the search in the background and would return the results after a **long** while.
    This is a major OS bug that they don't even bother listing it because there are too many to list. The Blackberry ship is on a rough surface.
    The hub reset seems to a short term remedy.

It does seem that every time BlackBerry take a couple steps forward they also take one back.

05-03-15 11:17 PM
    The hub reset seems to a short term remedy.

Nope! It doesn't do anything to help improving the search functionality inside the HUB.
    I reset it on my phone many times but it didn't help at all.
    05-04-15 07:40 PM
    Nope! It doesn't do anything to help improving the search functionality inside the HUB.
    I reset it on my phone many times but it didn't help at all.
    Oh ok. It works for me.

05-06-15 02:12 PM