Hello all,

Maybe (I'm unsure) after I plugged the passport to my Haier hdmi tv/monitor, the media device suddenly gone. Passport cannot read it anymore, I had to format it before the card was read again.

Dammit! Many of the data therein I have already had d backup, but photos and films recorded with d passport I hadn't got the chance to. My son and daughter birthdays, our anniversary, Epub books,.... all GONE!

MwaaAaaaaaaaaaaaa...!!!

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1
    05-03-15 08:10 AM
    Did you try to read it with any other device before formating the card?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 08:11 AM
    Hello all,

Maybe (I'm unsure) after I plugged the passport to my Haier hdmi tv/monitor, the media device suddenly gone. Passport cannot read it anymore, I had to format it before the card was read again.

Dammit! Many of the data therein I have already had d backup, but photos and films recorded with d passport I hadn't got the chance to. My son and daughter birthdays, our anniversary, Epub books,.... all GONE!

MwaaAaaaaaaaaaaaa...!!!

That's why Android automatically backups to Google Drive Photos, Apple backups to the iCloud, Windows to OneDrive. If you stick with BB then you have to prepare to lose them since SD cards are quite prone to failure in longterm

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-15 08:17 AM
    Did you try to read it with any other device before formating the card?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, with a laptop, and it said I needed to format it. Hik. Done that on the passport.

05-03-15 08:36 AM
    That's why Android automatically backups to Google Drive Photos, Apple backups to the iCloud, Windows to OneDrive. If you stick with BB then you have to prepare to lose them since SD cards are quite prone to failure in longterm

For the record, bb10 HAS this automatic backup ability and option, when connecting for the first time with ANY cloud storage service. Mine is Dropbox, but I disable it on purpose because I do not like my picts and films get doubled somewhere else without my say so (what if I took a dirty picts or whatnot? Prefer to have it kept locally and only back up as necessary). For documents, I always have them backed up meticulously.

Thanks for the concern, though.

05-03-15 08:43 AM

The really big problem with that is ending up with an actual iPhone.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    05-03-15 08:54 AM
    The really big problem with that is ending up with an actual iPhone.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    LOL! Amen, brother.
    05-03-15 09:06 AM
    That sucks. I use a windows program called synctoy to periodically make a backup of both my entire SD card and entire Device storage onto a desktop that is set up with a RAID array.

It only takes a while the first time, or if there have been many changes or new pics/videos, and it's not tied Lync (I only use that for device settings and non/media files).

I recommend it to anyone that doesn't use cloud backups or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    bhoqeem likes this.
    05-03-15 11:33 AM
    That sucks. I use a windows program called synctoy to periodically make a backup of both my entire SD card and entire Device storage onto a desktop that is set up with a RAID array.

It only takes a while the first time, or if there have been many changes or new pics/videos, and it's not tied Lync (I only use that for device settings and non/media files).

I recommend it to anyone that doesn't use cloud backups or whatever.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, bro! Synctoy. Got it.

05-03-15 02:34 PM