Hello Crackberry forum. I recently bought an ADATA 64gb sd card. Everything was working fine until it stopped loading new files. I'm currently using Ubuntu 12.04 OS on my computer until I get the chance to buy a new desktop. I turned the "USB Mass Storage" setting which allowed me to upload files using Ubuntu Linux since it doesn't allow me to download the Blackberry link software. While in the middle of putting music files onto my phones sd card the newer files stopped showing up and since the option to format the card was there to as it says "This could resolve media card problems" I did so. As all possible quick fixes seem to do it just made an even bigger problem. Now my computer can't mount it. I was able to go through Ubuntu's drive manager a format it for use with the OS but then my Q10 couldn't read it. I was able to reformat it for my Q10 but I'm back to square one.

I really need some help with this and I am not ready to just chuck the sd card so I am looking for a way to get back to square one with both. Any suggestions?
    09-16-14 01:43 PM
    Phone probably formatted it to exFAT, which is proprietary Microsoft stuff.

Since you have Ubuntu:
    $ sudo apt-get install exfat-utils exfat-fuse

Reboot.

Set phone to USB mass storage mode.

It should be able to mount after installation and a reboot. Might not be automatic, though.
    09-16-14 01:51 PM
    Phone probably formatted it to exFAT, which is proprietary Microsoft stuff.

Since you have Ubuntu:
    $ sudo apt-get install exfat-utils exfat-fuse

Reboot.

Set phone to USB mass storage mode.

It should be able to mount after installation and a reboot. Might not be automatic, though.
    Hi I'm the orignal poster of the question and I went ahead and set up an account so I can follow this thread. Well I did everything you said. Went to a terminal and typed in install code above but I still get this message even after a reboot.

Error mounting: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
    missing codepage or helper program, or other error
    In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
    dmesg | tail or so

Do you know any other steps in the process? I'm thinking of going to a computer repair store and asking them for hands on help (Not looking forward to what they may charge)
    09-16-14 02:32 PM
    Right after trying to mount the drive again, run dmesg | tail and post what comes up.
    09-16-14 04:37 PM
    Not sure how to run dmesg. I haven't been running Ubuntu that long so I am still fairly new to it. I'm searching for the answer to that so as soon as I figure that out I will post the resultsm
    09-16-14 09:03 PM
    Not sure how to run dmesg. I haven't been running Ubuntu that long so I am still fairly new to it. I'm searching for the answer to that so as soon as I figure that out I will post the resultsm
    Should just be

$ dmesg | tail

or, if you want to scroll through the whole thing,

$ dmesg | less

You might be able to run fsck on the SD card, to see if that does anything worthwhile.
    09-16-14 09:18 PM