I don't really know a whole lot about SD cards. Could someone please explain the difference between a 64gb SanDisk Ultra class 10 and a 64 gb SanDisk Ultra Plus class 10. The Crackberry Store has the Ultra and Walmart has the Ultra Plus. Can't tell anything from the description of either one. I have a SanDisk 32gb class 4 now. I don't have any issues and I know about the higher speed of class 10. Just looking for information about the difference ,if any between the above 2.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-20-14 12:32 PM
    Speed that you can save to the card has to be the primary difference.
    Maybe someone can give you a technical answer or you can Google it.
    07-20-14 12:40 PM
    Speed that you can save to the card has to be the primary difference.
    Maybe someone can give you a technical answer or you can Google it.
    Thanks jaydee, as much as I use Google search I always try Crackberry first. I know about the difference between class 4 and class 10 speed. I just didn't know if the difference between Ultra and Ultra Plus was technical or just marketing.

07-20-14 02:11 PM
    You will be fine with the Ultra. Depending on price I would look at Ultra Plus. Ultra Plus is faster. Ultra speed is 30x, Extreme is 45x, Extreme Plus is 80x. Extreme Plus would be for a digital SLR camera. Depends on price but I would get an Extreme (45x speed).

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    07-20-14 03:11 PM
    You will be fine with the Ultra. Depending on price I would look at Ultra Plus. Ultra Plus is faster. Ultra speed is 30x, Extreme is 45x, Extreme Plus is 80x. Extreme Plus would be for a digital SLR camera. Depends on price but I would get an Extreme (45x speed).

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Thanks. Actually the price for the Ultra from Crackberry Store was $64 I believe and the Ultra Plus at Walmart was $50. That's why I'm trying to figure out if one is "better " than the other and what, if any, the difference is.

07-20-14 03:55 PM
    You want to get a Class 10 UHS 1 OR 2.

Those handle data at much higher transfer speeds.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_cards
    misterabrasive likes this.
    07-20-14 11:50 PM
    You want to get a Class 10 UHS 1 OR 2.

Those handle data at much higher transfer speeds.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_cards
    Thanks for the link. What an excellent article. But, now that my head is swimming, let's try to simplify things. Although, your advice above is extremely simple, is it safe to say that the 32gb card I currently have in my Z10 is formatted in FAT32, but all higher capacity cards such as the 64gb and 128gb cards are formatted in EXFAT? And if I were to purchase a higher capacity and speed card such as the ones you suggested above, my currently updated software in my Z10 can properly handle these cards without any issues. I'm by no means technology challenged but there are things that are way over my head. I will not pretend to understand the difference between FAT32 and EXFAT, but I don't need to. I just want to know if it will work. I spend a lot of time here at Crackberry and read a lot of different articles. I have read some of the threads here on SD cards, but sometimes things don't click right away. Lots I don't understand. Lots I do. Sorry if I dragged this out.

07-21-14 08:21 AM
    Thanks for the link. What an excellent article. But, now that my head is swimming, let's try to simplify things. Although, your advice above is extremely simple, is it safe to say that the 32gb card I currently have in my Z10 is formatted in FAT32, but all higher capacity cards such as the 64gb and 128gb cards are formatted in EXFAT? And if I were to purchase a higher capacity and speed card such as the ones you suggested above, my currently updated software in my Z10 can properly handle these cards without any issues. I'm by no means technology challenged but there are things that are way over my head. I will not pretend to understand the difference between FAT32 and EXFAT, but I don't need to. I just want to know if it will work. I spend a lot of time here at Crackberry and read a lot of different articles. I have read some of the threads here on SD cards, but sometimes things don't click right away. Lots I don't understand. Lots I do. Sorry if I dragged this out.

You can format a 64 GB card in FAT32 if you want. Though personally since you're on 3253, you can format it to exFAT and it will work on your device. The main benefits of exFAT is individual file sizes are no longer limited to 4 GB.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 08:32 AM
    You can format a 64 GB card in FAT32 if you want. Though personally since you're on 3253, you can format it to exFAT and it will work on your device. The main benefits of exFAT is individual file sizes are no longer limited to 4 GB.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. So basically, if it is designed for EXFAT, it will work best if it's formatted in EXFAT. Sorry for the repetition. Just trying to retain some of this for future reference, before it leaks out. The old brain sponge sometimes acts more like a sieve the older I get. :-D

07-21-14 08:43 AM
    Thanks. So basically, if it is designed for EXFAT, it will work best if it's formatted in EXFAT. Sorry for the repetition. Just trying to retain some of this for future reference, before it leaks out. The old brain sponge sometimes acts more like a sieve the older I get. :-D

Pretty much, although some devices don't support exFAT. For example, trying to copy some content to my PS3, via USB, my phone didn't show up at all but my sisters Z10, with a memory card formatted in FAT32 did.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 08:45 AM
    Pretty much, although some devices don't support exFAT. For example, trying to copy some content to my PS3, via USB, my phone didn't show up at all but my sisters Z10, with a memory card formatted in FAT32 did.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but the only devices I'm working with ate my Z10 and a Windows 7 laptop.
    Well I guess they were really hungry!
    Last edited by misterabrasive; 07-21-14 at 09:35 AM.
    07-21-14 09:00 AM
    You will be fine. Format your new micro SD card to exFat in your windows machine then plug it into your Z10 and have fun. When you first plug the newly formatted card into the Z10 it will automatically download drivers to recognize it. It basically just tells you it did so by giving you a message in the hub.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    07-21-14 10:38 AM
    Your questions are excellent and will be appreciated by future Crackberry users. I hope we have been helpful.
    07-21-14 10:44 AM
    Your questions are excellent and will be appreciated by future Crackberry users. I hope we have been helpful.
    Extremely helpful. That's the most important reason I'm here. The other reason is to have some fun and interact with many different people. Crackberry is the best!

07-21-14 11:15 AM
    You will be fine. Format your new micro SD card to exFat in your windows machine then plug it into your Z10 and have fun. When you first plug the newly formatted card into the Z10 it will automatically download drivers to recognize it. It basically just tells you it did so by giving you a message in the hub.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Forgive me, but I thought I remembered reading here that you should format the card in the Z10.

07-21-14 11:17 AM
    You may be right. I did mine on my laptop first from what I read on the Internet at the time. I do not remember where I read it but it was not on Crackberry. Mine works great. I suppose the most fool proof way would be to format the card in both devices. LoL

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    07-21-14 11:36 AM