Hello guys I just bought a silver edition blackberry passport but I recently realized that the screen flickers just before the device goes to sleep for example it slowly starts to dim then right before the screen fully turns off it flickers does anyone know what I should do should I exchange the phone? Thanks for the help

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 11:11 PM
    You can try that, some people got that screen flickering after an update (10.3.1) so it might be the software or the screen, a technician should check your phone

Posted from my big screen Z30 STA100-5 running ❿.❸.❷.2876
    04-07-16 11:27 PM
    I have a video to show what is happening but I can't post it on here do you know a way I can? Or do you have a email? Do you have a silver edition yourself?

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 09:47 AM
    I have a video to show what is happening but I can't post it on here do you know a way I can? Or do you have a email? Do you have a silver edition yourself?

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue with my Z30. Post your video to YouTube and post the link here.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 07:11 AM
    I have the same issue with my Z30. Post your video to YouTube and post the link here.

Posted via CB10
    My Z30 started flickering some months ago and I was prepared to wait out the next OS10 update but that obviously hasn't happened. I have the latest OS installed. My Z30 flickers "off" when the screen times out, also "phases" (for lack of a better word) when in Bedside mode - sort of like an old fashioned TV with a vertical hold issue. The most notable is when Bedside mode has been running for 4 or 5 hours, the screen starts to blink or flicker to the lock screen which is fairly bright and lights up the whole room - almost stroboscopic.

I replaced the battery a few months ago and that made no differrence.

Could this be anything to do with the digitizer assembly?
    Last edited by SeaVipe; 11-21-16 at 03:01 PM.
    11-21-16 12:51 PM
    My Z30 started flickering some months ago and I was prepared to wait out the next OS10 update but that obviously hasn't happened. I have the latest OS installed. My Z30 flickers "off" when the screen times out, also "phases" (for lack of a better word) when in Bedside mode - sort of like an old fashioned TV with a vertical hold issue. The most notable is when Bedside mode has been running for 4 or 5 hours, the screen starts to blink or flicker to the lock screen which is fairly bright and lights up the whole room - almost stroboscopic.

I replaced the battery a few months ago and that made no differrence.

Could this be anything to do with the digitizer assembly?
    They had this bug in an OS version awhile back and then fixed it. I'm convinced it's a specific application causing it. I did a complete reload from leak to official and it worked fine for the first 2 days but then started back again. I progressively installed and setup stuff but not sure which one may have triggered it. Then I demolished my screen and bought a DTEK50
    11-25-16 02:12 PM