I've noticed that my PP SE has been flickering at times in the HUB. It's really quick. It's been happening quite frequent that I'm getting a bit concern. I've restarted and re installed the software. Anyone is having the same issue? How did you resolve it?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 07:18 PM
    I think I'm having the same issue. Does it look like the video below?
    Last edited by NorvilleRogers06; 08-09-16 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Contained email addresses
    08-09-16 10:16 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...809_084218.mp4

Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. How How u solve the issue?
    08-09-16 11:51 AM
    Wow that is crazy

Posted via Passport SE
    08-09-16 11:54 AM
    I haven't actually solved it. However, when I wiped my device completely and added my email accounts the hub worked flawlessly. I then attempted restoring from a back up without the settings which would include my contacts, calendar, and password keeper information. After the back up the phone was in the hub and I was selecting OK on the pop up windows in which I consent to allow each app the access they typically request. For the majority of the time while I was doing this the Hub appeared fine in the background; however, the issue again appeared while I was still selecting OK on different apps. This leads me to believe that it is a specific app and the permissions it has that is causing the problem. I wish I was able to tell you which one it is. It seemed to occur around the time I gave permission to Couch to 10k or Echo or one of the apps that always gives me an alert each time my phone is rebooted. I'm going to wipe it again and try only installing the apps I use regularly to see if it starts again. Then I'll add an app one at a time to see if it appears again so I can perhaps narrow down the problem app if that is even the issue.
    08-09-16 03:49 PM
    I haven't actually solved it. However, when I wiped my device completely and added my email accounts the hub worked flawlessly. I then attempted restoring from a back up without the settings which would include my contacts, calendar, and password keeper information. After the back up the phone was in the hub and I was selecting OK on the pop up windows in which I consent to allow each app the access they typically request. For the majority of the time while I was doing this the Hub appeared fine in the background; however, the issue again appeared while I was still selecting OK on different apps. This leads me to believe that it is a specific app and the permissions it has that is causing the problem. I wish I was able to tell you which one it is. It seemed to occur around the time I gave permission to Couch to 10k or Echo or one of the apps that always gives me an alert each time my phone is rebooted. I'm going to wipe it again and try only installing the apps I use regularly to see if it starts again. Then I'll add an app one at a time to see if it appears again so I can perhaps narrow down the problem app if that is even the issue.
    Let me know what happens. I don't think it's the software, as I've had a few passport SE with no flickering. I think it's definitely as app, the thing is which one. I don't hv any of the apps you mentioned downloaded. So I'll hv to figure out which one Sigh

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 04:13 PM
    I'm not sure what happened, but it hasn't flickered since my last post. Hmmmmmm I'm keeping an eye on it weird

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 08:40 PM
    I security wiped the passport several times and then restored it from a complete backup several times and had the same flicker issue each time. I decided to wipe my phone and restore only my media and contacts/calendar and then add my accounts, my apps, etc manually. This took some time due to having to re-enter login info etc and importing my password keeper file; however, I did not have the flicker problem afterward. The crazy thing is, I replaced my original passport just this week with a new passport due to a separate warranty issue. It had the same flicker issue when I restored from a complete backup. So I ended up doing a partial restore as I said earlier and have not had the issue since. It's been a pain, but I still love my passport! Now I'm thinking a glitch was caused by the restored accounts and maybe not a specific app.
    08-26-16 09:45 AM
    I security wiped the passport several times and then restored it from a complete backup several times and had the same flicker issue each time. I decided to wipe my phone and restore only my media and contacts/calendar and then add my accounts, my apps, etc manually. This took some time due to having to re-enter login info etc and importing my password keeper file; however, I did not have the flicker problem afterward. The crazy thing is, I replaced my original passport just this week with a new passport due to a separate warranty issue. It had the same flicker issue when I restored from a complete backup. So I ended up doing a partial restore as I said earlier and have not had the issue since. It's been a pain, but I still love my passport! Now I'm thinking a glitch was caused by the restored accounts and maybe not a specific app.
    Sadly issue happen with BB10 software... many can be cleared up by doing a clean install of the OS or a Security Wipe (can be more time consuming as it has bugs too). And as the problems are software related, doing a restore of the old data can cause them to come back....

Back when BB10 was alive and well... we were getting leaks every few weeks. I learned how to sync or back my key data, so that I never needed to use LINK to restore settings that might cause issues.
    08-26-16 09:55 AM