Hi All!

I am trying to figure out why SNAP isn't saving apk files to the location I specify when I download an app. That is to say, for a specific game I play, the apk file isn't saved at all. The game is free (I know SNAP) won't save apk files from paid apps.

If I can't get SNAP to do this, does anyone know if Mobile1 will save apk files?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone Handset...BOOM!
    01-29-15 08:11 AM
    Hi All!

I am trying to figure out why SNAP isn't saving apk files to the location I specify when I download an app. That is to say, for a specific game I play, the apk file isn't saved at all. The game is free (I know SNAP) won't save apk files from paid apps.

If I can't get SNAP to do this, does anyone know if Mobile1 will save apk files?

The APK file is like saying an exe file. It's an executable program file. I think you are referring to an obb file (which stores game progress of some Android games) and there is some help on the forums about this. Note: programs (APK and BAR files) must be installed to main memory and not an external memory card last I heard.
    01-29-15 08:16 AM
    Thanks for the response. I actually am looking for the. apk file.

The reason why is I would like to sideload it on my PlayBook. I should mentioned that in my original post.

01-29-15 08:20 AM
    Go to file manager and in device section use the search function to see if it can locate the apk. Then move it to your SD card or cloud storage.

That's what I do however I don't play games so this may only work for other downloads but not games.

Z30 & Q10
    Can't imagine life w/o Blackberry
    01-29-15 09:05 AM
    Use the google play store and the downloader from cobalt. It saves the apk's in the device memory under misc/android/ApkDowloads folder.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

You can also get Lucky Patcher there, which you'll need to patch some apps, and you can also use it to make apk's for already installed apps.

Take into account, though, that the Android runtime of the Playbook is 2.something, so many apps won't run in it.
    01-29-15 09:18 AM