I was having some issues with my Q10 so my local provider suggested I back it up, wipe it clean, then restore and hopefully things would be better. So...I did just that, backed it up via Desktop which I have done for 1 1/2 years, wiped it, then tried to restore it. Now, for the first time since I've owned the phone, I get a message saying it isn't compatible with Desktop. I investigate and am told it will only work with Link. I download Link but of course there isn't any data because my phone is wiped. I look into Desktop and the last backup was one year ago in February. Therefore, for one, apparently there shouldn't be a backup there at all using my Q10 and secondly, how do I get the latest backup that is there back on my phone? Can I transfer the data to Link some how? Can I transfer it to my phone somehow. It's the contacts that I'm most concerned about.
    Thanks
    Randy
    02-10-15 09:27 AM
    No you can't move the data over. Desktop Manager doesn't work with the BBOS10 devices. It reads a different type of file. Didn't you ever download and install Link with you first got your Q to manage it and sync data? OS10 is a different animal altogether. Im afraid you have lost your data.
    02-10-15 12:44 PM
    Well, if you have BlackBerry Protect enabled you can do a one time restore to your bb10 device from an old BBOS backup that was stored via BlackBerry Protect.

What OS I'm on is my business, get off my .... ! Ex-BerryLeaks member (best group ever)
    02-10-15 04:27 PM