Is there a trick to backing up your contacts and reloading them onto your new phone without getting duplicates everywhere?

Seems fine til I start connecting social media stuff.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 12:03 PM
    My God I hate how BB10 does contact management. As much as I like about the Passport I am starting to notice more and more the things that I don't like with it. Contact management is at the top of my list. Photo files is another. Sometimes when you open up photos they are in time/date order, sometimes they are not. Sometimes it opens up with the oldest first. Sometimes it skips entire sections of photos for no reason.
    Then there's the bookmarks on the browser. Why the f*** can't we organize them? Why?
    Sorry to gripe but apparently BB has peed on my wheaties this morning. I've had BB's since 2000. My first was the 5810. It pains me to say this but I am actually considering android. Shudder.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 01:55 PM
    The best is to use an app for contacts
    In my case I bought the contacts pro and I'm so happy with it
    Especially that I import and export contacts unto other devices
    So think about it

From BlackBerry with Love
    10-10-15 05:10 PM
    I use Contact X for contacts duplicates. And Intouch app for contact transfers.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 06:21 PM
    Backing up contacts from what device ...?? and reloading them onto your new phone..?? [ which device..] , there are no trick(s), just correct processes. An OS only recognizes exact information. If a same contact has Mr John Chen and John Chen and his mobile is under mobile and work, it will duplicate...
    Facebook/twitter social media contacts will be linked. and merge the information. You will need to unlink to find out how the contact has filled in his /her details on Facebook....you have no control
    10-10-15 10:16 PM