Hi, I have a BlackBerry z10 and it's pretty new, a few months old. I've recently noticed that whenever I try to send an attachment with my text message, it doesn't send and there's a red clock icon next to the message.
    I've tried restarting the phone, pulling the battery when the phone is on AND off (waiting about minute before putting it back in). I've also tried to change the APN url in settings but it is greyed out therefore unchangeable. I'm not sure whether or not the same problem occurs in email, BBM, or any other application.

Please help! Thanks in advance.
    09-08-14 05:23 PM
    How are you adding an attachment to a txt? Doesn't seem like a good idea...

The red clock means there's a problem sending the txt... at least that's what I've seen when in a highly congested cell area.
    09-08-14 05:35 PM
    Hi, I have a BlackBerry z10 and it's pretty new, a few months old. I've recently noticed that whenever I try to send an attachment with my text message, it doesn't send and there's a red clock icon next to the message.
    I've tried restarting the phone, pulling the battery when the phone is on AND off (waiting about minute before putting it back in). I've also tried to change the APN url in settings but it is greyed out therefore unchangeable. I'm not sure whether or not the same problem occurs in email, BBM, or any other application.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Tex messages (SMS) messages don't have attachments, only up to 140 characters.

MMS on the other hand, can have small attachments. But MMS has a whole lot of other issues, mostly related the carrier. MMS between certain networks won't work, MMS reliability is poor... My best advice if you really need to send MMS is to have a talk with your provider. Not all users can receive MMS either..

Most carriers handle MMS different, and need to enable MMS on your account and most I key send you a network message containing their specific MMS configuration.

Why not use BBM instead?
    09-08-14 06:35 PM