Ever since the last update to BBM I have been receiving multiple (2-8) random invites per day. These appear in the hub and are friend invites, typically in foreign languages and with many strange characters and/or emoji's in the name. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop it, it's getting very annoying. Thanks

BB for Life
    12-26-14 11:28 AM
    I have had no issue as you described.
    Install an app that links to BBM recently?

I see you posted about the same issue on your GF's BBM.
    Could it be someone has shared yours and/or her PIN to some social site/forum or has she installed some app that links to BBM?
    12-26-14 11:41 AM
    It is actually just her phone, I just said mine for simplicity, I have never received these myself either, and we both have Q10s. I don't believe she has any new apps that would be connected, she uses very little to begin with. No Snap or sideloads either

BB for Life
    12-26-14 12:30 PM
    Ah OK.

I'm thinking more on the lines of being too social, then.
    Try this:
    Google her PIN and see if it shows up on any sites.
    12-26-14 01:04 PM
    Hmm nothing comes up at all when I try that either except that it's part of what appears to be random numbers on DB30 dot com and I don't really find anything with that. She is not really a social media person, uses only facebook (with all security stuff activated) and browses 9gag

BB for Life
    12-26-14 01:39 PM
    OK, check the Facebook app permissions, see if there is a something that links it to BBM.
    Browse the suggestions and tips here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-today-813412/

Hope this helps

EDIT: In the BBM options, if you enable "Security Question on Invites" it will effectively prevent all random/blind invites because the person sending the request will have to fill in the correct security answer in order for you/her to receive the invite.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 12-26-14 at 02:04 PM.
    12-26-14 01:46 PM
    Thanks for the other thread link, Viet Hop doesn't seem to be the issue as none of those apps have been downloaded before.

Went back through permissions and it seems that it may have been caused by the MyBell (carrier) app that downloaded with the last update as well, as it had permission to device info. Seems strange that the carrier app would have opened up the phone to this type of spam though, and that it hasn't effected myself, only my gf. Will see if the problem persists now that permissions are disabled. Thanks for all your help

BB for Life
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-26-14 02:44 PM