Hey folks,

Just need some clarification. Since the Priv is on sale through the he end of the month, just wondering if the unlocked one on shop blackberry is the model that has the wireless charging feature? I couldn't seem to find a straight answer on the site.

Thanks in advance!
    08-23-16 09:55 PM
    Yes confirm
    08-23-16 10:47 PM
    Yup, Canadian shop BB is wireless too. Although I used it once and never again after that.
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-23-16 10:48 PM
    Thanks again!

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    08-24-16 08:54 AM
    Yes it does the ATT model does have wireless charging also on ebay but buy from BB to get all the updates with no issues
    Serkle K likes this.
    08-24-16 09:08 AM
    Yes it does the ATT model does have wireless charging also on ebay but buy from BB to get all the updates with no issues
    Thanks! To be honest, I'm still on the fence on which device I should get. Jump on the sale for the Priv or wait a few more months and get a Note7?

One of the biggest features I miss being on my Passport, is Blackberrys VKB. I know there's swipe for android, but I just really like and miss the implementation and ease of one handed use of the VKB.

I'm also worried about future updates on Samsung and AT&T, since that's my carrier. If possible, I'd rather have an unlocked device, which goes back to the Priv.

But I have to admit, I am very intrigued by a lot of the tech and features that the Note7 has to offer.

BlackBerry and Samsung should really just put out a device already. But that's another topic for another day.

Thanks again for the input!

08-24-16 12:45 PM
    Thanks! To be honest, I'm still on the fence on which device I should get. Jump on the sale for the Priv or wait a few more months and get a Note7?

One of the biggest features I miss being on my Passport, is Blackberrys VKB. I know there's swipe for android, but I just really like and miss the implementation and ease of one handed use of the VKB.

I'm also worried about future updates on Samsung and AT&T, since that's my carrier. If possible, I'd rather have an unlocked device, which goes back to the Priv.

But I have to admit, I am very intrigued by a lot of the tech and features that the Note7 has to offer.

BlackBerry and Samsung should really just put out a device already. But that's another topic for another day.

Thanks again for the input!

the Note 7 has a lot of good reviews and you could pay for the BB apps like hub etc for $.99 a month and load them on the Note and have the hub and a few other cool BB apps.

I guess SS did the go big or go home with the Note 7 and it shows that if you put out a high speced phone people will buy but BB keeps putting out a high end phone with not all the latest gizmos and no DAMN ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A year after the Priv is out they start advertising it just as they roll the DETECK 50? Really Who the Hell runs their advertising department????????????????
    08-24-16 03:57 PM
    the Note 7 has a lot of good reviews and you could pay for the BB apps like hub etc for $.99 a month and load them on the Note and have the hub and a few other cool BB apps.

I guess SS did the go big or go home with the Note 7 and it shows that if you put out a high speced phone people will buy but BB keeps putting out a high end phone with not all the latest gizmos and no DAMN ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A year after the Priv is out they start advertising it just as they roll the DETECK 50? Really Who the Hell runs their advertising department????????????????
    Their advertising has been atrocious for as long as I can remember. But again, the biggest BB feature that I'd really like to have on a touch device is the BB VKB. I have pretty much decided that if I don't go with the Priv, then I will subscribe to the Hub+ service, but the VKB isn't available, and there is no indication that it will be considering, as I understand it, the core of the VKB is Swipe. Though it's not clear if the core of the BB VKB is Swipe only on android OS, or overall. I missed that bit of info. I would be perfectly content with all of the same BB features/services on the Priv, available to other Android devices, so I could make a strong flagship device like the Note7(GS7/edge), or Nexus so much more like BBs take on it.
    08-24-16 07:32 PM