Hi guys, who can help to clarify several things �

Suretap SIM is free or not on Rogers?
    Suretap SIM is still not working on passport?
    CIBC launched app working on passport, how would it work? just get a Suretap SIM from Rogers?
    Who is using Suretap SIM on Passport? Eager to see the comments.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via my sexy BB Passport
    07-23-15 06:28 PM
    Hi guys, who can help to clarify several things �

Suretap SIM is free or not on Rogers?
    Suretap SIM is still not working on passport?
    CIBC launched app working on passport, how would it work? just get a Suretap SIM from Rogers?
    Who is using Suretap SIM on Passport? Eager to see the comments.

Thanks in advance.

I just had my Suretap SIM replaced for 10.00 at the Rogers store
    It works completely fine on my passport.
    I would assume that it's similar to Ugo, which I use my TD visa...signup on the app, authenticate the card and tap and pay.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    07-23-15 09:58 PM
    I'm fairly certain if this is your first Suretap SIM ( i.e. not a replacement they will waive the $10 fee)

I see CIBC as a standard choice now whereas in the past I only had their Rogers prepaid card as an option. It sounds like they are winning the NFC battle by also adding more cards and carriers. (Bell, Telus, etc)

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 07:04 AM
    I'm fairly certain if this is your first Suretap SIM ( i.e. not a replacement they will waive the $10 fee)

I see CIBC as a standard choice now whereas in the past I only had their Rogers prepaid card as an option. It sounds like they are winning the NFC battle by also adding more cards and carriers. (Bell, Telus, etc)

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure I could have got the 10 dollar fee waived but I really wasn't concerned about the 10 dollar charge
    07-25-15 06:13 PM
    I tried 5 times but still can't sign in the app (CIBC mobile banking download from BlackBerry world), regarding to the guide by CIBC call center that turn off WIFI and wait for the activation link sent to my passport.

Just updated the latest version of BlackBerry 10 system.

Have no idea what was wrong.

07-26-15 09:49 AM
    Try the Suretap app instead as it includes the ability to use your CIBC card now and yes always turn off WiFi and turn on NFC when launching the app.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 09:59 AM
    Try the Suretap app instead as it includes the ability to use your CIBC card now and yes always turn off WiFi and turn on NFC when launching the app.

Posted via CB10
    So far Suretap app doesn't support BlackBerry Passport and have to use my bank's app.

07-26-15 10:38 AM
    Sorry, but according to CIBC they refer you to Suretap for the Suretap wallet eligibility requirements. According to Suretap you are correct Suretap is not yet supporting the Passport on any of the 5 carriers. The only bright side is the same thing happened with the Z30. It wasn't initially supported but was then added a little later. That and the tech support guy I was talking to to help me reinstall my app had a BlackBerry Passport so perhaps they are in testing right now?

Regardless I'd give it one shot with WiFi off and NFC on with your banking app. I suspect you'll get further than you have so far, then denied as I was at first with my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 04:45 PM
    So far Suretap app doesn't support BlackBerry Passport and have to use my bank's app.

07-26-15 08:35 PM
    wtf, I am stuck in the middle between Rogers and CIBC. CIBC said that I am set on CIBC besides my SIM card. Rogers said that SIM is good and nothing is wrong.

When CIBC Mobile Banking app is open, indicates that unable to confirm my SIM card.

Called CIBC 3 times, Rogers 4 times, transferred my call to Suretap 2 times.

What would I need to do next?

07-28-15 03:02 PM
    Unfortunately it seems like you have to wait for Suretap to support the Passport since CIBC doesn't set the eligibility requirements.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 06:17 PM