Hi, just an Android user here who wants to jump ship to BB. One concern though, is the app "ecosystem", which would seemingly be solved by the Amazon announcement. I know you'll be able to download apps, which is cool, but how about Amazon Prime Video (which I subscribe to) and Amazon Music? I know I can just use the browser (maybe) for those things, but apps would be nice and put me over the edge in terms of getting a Z30. Will these things work on a Blackberry?

Sorry if the question is obvious, but I'm not an experienced BB10 user, so your help is appreciated! Thanks.
    07-28-14 07:22 PM
    • Amazon Prime Music is supported but at this time, you cannot download files. Only stream.
    • Amazon Instant Video AFIK works through the browser in desktop mode with Flash enabled*.

*However, since there's no Android app for it anyway unless you're on a Amazon device, you're not really 'giving it up' to move to a BlackBerry. You don't have it to begin with on Android, it's only on iOS.
    07-28-14 07:53 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, Bla1ze! You're right about the Amazon video, for some reason they only have an app for iOS. As long as I can stream Amazon music, then I'm happy!

BTW, I'm impressed that you replied to my newbie post... That's a strong recommendation for considering BB, the community is great!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    JMF5017 and bspence87 like this.
    07-28-14 08:32 PM