Hi guys.

I would want to hear your opinions.

I'll start with some back story on my smartphone history:

Currently I'm rocking a Oneplus One as a personal phone and a Bold 9700 as a work phone. I've used the bold 9700 for years, but my personal phone gets upgraded around every year.

The reason why I now want to upgrade my work phone, the 9700, is as follows: the keys are really getting too small for me, and because of my usage I type more on my personal phone then on my work phone so I'm not used to the small keys anymore.

I've heard the Q10 keys are a lot bigger then the 9700 keys, so I'm hoping those would be big enough because I still really like the feel of a hardware keyboard other than that their getting way too small on my current device.

But it could be the better choice to go Z10 because of the fact I'm more used to a software keyboard compared to the hardware keyboard.

I would mostly like to hear from people that have used both a 9700 (or whatever the USA versions are called, I think its the 9780?) and a Q10/Z10 so i can hear about the difference in typing experience. But any opinions are welcome.

Disclaimer: yes i know devices like the passport/classic or Z30/Leap may be a better choice, but those are out of my budget so please don't suggest those.
    01-28-16 01:09 PM
    If you have gotten comfortable using a Virtual Keyboard.... then why not stick with one for work too?
    01-28-16 01:17 PM
    If you have gotten comfortable using a Virtual Keyboard.... then why not stick with one for work too?
    That's totally true. and you get the added bonus of the bigger screen when not typing.

But I guess it's a bit of nostalgia that holds me back. I still like the feel of hardware keys, would just want way bigger keys, but I'm not sure the Q10 keys would be big enough. I'll wait for a few more opinions and then make a decision. thanks for your opinion.
    01-28-16 01:47 PM
    That's totally true. and you get the added bonus of the bigger screen when not typing.

But I guess it's a bit of nostalgia that holds me back. I still like the feel of hardware keys, would just want way bigger keys, but I'm not sure the Q10 keys would be big enough. I'll wait for a few more opinions and then make a decision. thanks for your opinion.
    Is the Classic that much more than the Q10?
    01-28-16 01:56 PM
    Is the Classic that much more than the Q10?
    Yeah it is, but thats mostly because i can get a good deal on the Q10/Z10. I can get those brand new for €100, the classic is €330 and the passport is €350. If it was a few tenners more I would consider it, but this is too much for me.
    01-28-16 02:19 PM
    I like the Z10 because of the bigger screen. Also some Android apps are better on the larger screen.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    01-28-16 10:09 PM
    I like the Z10 because of the bigger screen. Also some Android apps are better on the larger screen.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Well the better android apps I don't really care about, I would still carry my Oneplus One as my personal phone just like I am doing now. And apps are always better on their native platform then on a runtime on a different platform.

As for the bigger screen, yeah that is my doubt too. Would like to hear from some Q10 owners though. but as always, thanks for your opinion.
    01-29-16 05:30 AM
    I've owned both phones and find the typing experience on my Q10 to be excellent. I've always preferred physical keyboards, as my style is to type out the entire word without the aid of auto-complete or auto-correct.

The only way you can know for sure is to get your hands on a Q10 and try it out. You may just like it. But if not you can always sell it and try a Z10. Battery life is pretty terrible on the Z10, FYI, so pick up an OEM Battery Charger Bundle.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    01-29-16 07:31 AM
    I've owned both phones and find the typing experience on my Q10 to be excellent. I've always preferred physical keyboards, as my style is to type out the entire word without the aid of auto-complete or auto-correct.

The only way you can know for sure is to get your hands on a Q10 and try it out. You may just like it. But if not you can always sell it and try a Z10. Battery life is pretty terrible on the Z10, FYI, so pick up an OEM Battery Charger Bundle.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    Yeah I know what you mean with the typing style, if you type out words all the way it's physical keyboard or nothing, but I love the autocorrect functions, I really feel like it saves me time compared to typing out whole words like I do on my 9700.

I've tried finding a Q10 in stores or something to try it out, but can't find it anywhere on display. and have asked around, but stores won't take one out of the box to let me try it unless I buy it. I can understand that, knowing how many blackberry's they probably sell, but it sucks for me.

As for the idea of buying both and selling one afterwards: too much hassle. :P blackberry's arent very popular anymore as we all know, so selling may take a while and I can't have that amount of money be stuck in a phone right now.

As for the battery charger bundle for the Z10: I would totally get that or something similar.

Thanks for your opinion. I'm leaning more and more towards the Z10, I don't really need the physical keyboard anymore, and don't wanna take the risk of being stuck with keys that are still too smal.
    01-29-16 07:50 AM
    I have used both the Q10 and Z10. My experience is that I did like the onscreen keyboard better.
    01-29-16 04:43 PM
    Z10 is best compared to Q10 for various reasons. Z10 keyboard the best touch keyboard you would have ever experienced. Give your z10 to iphone addicts and android os /windows os punters. Ask them to try out keyboard of z10. I am sure either they would envy this z10 or they will lie that their phone is best. Blackberry os10 has made remarkable improvement . For many disbelieve or deny tell the fact that blackberry has come back. I live in india but I can really tell what really happens is that just because blackberry is canadian, americans just don't care about blackberry survival simply because it not the product of usa. Only blackberry fans of america really need it but though only few people out there. To conclude why q 10 is not my best option over z10 simply because of the absence of track pad and home screen button like you have in Bold and classic. But if still like physical keyboard go for classic or stick to 9900 bold if you find classic is too expensive. So z10 is best option.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-16 08:42 PM