I did a software update tonight on my Q10, and it is now asking for the device password. Despite having used the same password for 5 years, it won't accept it and I am now on my last attempt before the memory is wiped.

I have connected the phone to Blackberry Blend to back it up as I am heartbroken that I will lose the videos and photos, but it keeps saying that it cannot connect.

Any help would be so gratefully received. Thank you.
    02-06-16 04:36 PM
    Ok, so 2 things here:

You sure it's not your BlackBerry ID password it's asking for? Or is it really your device password?

Also, Blend will not backup your BlackBerry. But BlackBerry Link will.

So which is it? It would also help to know how or what procedure you used to update.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-06-16 05:23 PM
    Thank you for trying to help - feeling very sad here. It says device password but it just won't accept it and says it is wrong. I have gone through a lot of helpful suggestions from people but it just won't work. Just to clarify - the device password is the one that I use to lock / unlock it isn't it? (Beginning to really doubt myself here!)

I was doing the update to 10.3.2 which I had been meaning to do for ages, and successfully installed it. And sadly I can't get it to back up to Blackberry Link (even though I can log in) because it says it couldn't find the device. And no luck on Blackberry Blend either. Ugghhhhh. (And I, of course, haven't done a back up in a few months) Any help would be SO welcome.

P.S. It says enter "blackberry" on the unlock screen.....
    02-06-16 05:49 PM
    So, I ended up doing the reset. Heartbroken to wipe everything but couldn't see another option. So - now onto recovering what I can. However I still can't connect to Blend or Link. I have trawled the forums for help and have checked the network / firewalls / restarted / re-installed / put Blend on my iPad - and still nothing. It just keeps saying that the device software is not supported even though my Q10 is using 10.3. On Link it just keep saying can't connect / not connected.

Please if anyone has any suggestions I would be so thankful - I have LOVED my Blackberries over the years and feeling sad that this problem is not going away.
    02-07-16 02:59 PM
    Blend not working on my iPad anymore. I reinstalled both the Blend iOS app and my BB10 (clean reinstall, all data erased).

I lost 2 hours trying to fix BlackBerry Blend on iPad.

Then I started searching for:
    blackberry blend ipad
    on Twitter.

It seems nobody is able to use BlackBerry Blend for iPad now.
    08-06-16 02:17 AM