Hey friends!

Since WhatsApp is leaving OS10 and I really need this app to stay in contact with a lot of people - I have some questions to it:

I know the .apk version is running on OS10.
    But HOW is it?
    Any of you experience with it?

Does it run stable?
    do groups work?
    do I get notifications when I have the app closed?
    Any problems?
    Anything to know?

Thank for any reply!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 06:52 AM
    I hate to break it up to you but there's no better solution than to switch to Android, whether it's a Priv or not, or iOS.
    Last edited by ronfc; 07-02-16 at 07:54 AM.
    Fret Madden likes this.
    07-02-16 07:38 AM
    You know given all the panic BB10 WhatsApp threads... I really question the logic of those people who keep saying BBM is a viable alternative.
    07-02-16 07:53 AM
    You know given all the panic BB10 WhatsApp threads... I really question the logic of those people who keep saying BBM is a viable alternative.
    It is an alternative, if they can change the minds of everyone to switch, which I doubt
    07-02-16 07:57 AM
    Maybe someone can respond to the original question and share his experience.
    I am about to buy a passport, because it is IMO the phone with the best quality and form factor/keyboard out there.

No, I am not able to convice my 50+ WhatsApp contacts to switch to BBM and no, the Priv with Android is just not for me.

So, is the .akp on BB10 at least working ok and integrated into the Hub? I can live with not being able to send files.
    Slash82 likes this.
    07-02-16 08:11 AM
    Maybe someone can respond to the original question and share his experience.
    I am about to buy a passport, because it is IMO the phone with the best quality and form factor/keyboard out there.

No, I am not able to convice my 50+ WhatsApp contacts to switch to BBM and no, the Priv with Android is just not for me.

So, is the .akp on BB10 at least working ok and integrated into the Hub? I can live with not being able to send files.
    You searched for whatsapp - APKMirror

Why don't you try it yourself and let us know... I mean you already have the device already.
    07-02-16 09:04 AM
    It will not work, David. I have purchased windows Lumia 950XL so I will be fine with WhatsApp come end of year. I really love my Z30 but....

Posted via CB10
    07-02-16 11:02 AM
    Is BlackBerry likely to tweak the OS for the Z10 to allow WhatsApp to work?
    07-02-16 11:13 AM
    Is BlackBerry likely to tweak the OS for the Z10 to allow WhatsApp to work?
    No.
    07-02-16 11:15 AM
    I just installed it and the App itself works just fine.
    Yes, sending pictures and videos does not work. You can select files in the folders and it is displayed in the chat window, but it does not get sent. Not sure why...

The Hub integration is mediocre. New messages come in as general alerts (just like when updates are available) and without preview of the message. I think I can live with that, although WA is my main messager.

If they would only build a Passport-2 with Android...
    07-02-16 11:18 AM
    I have personally tested the apk file on my Z3, messenger just works fine but pictures and videos can't be loaded so not as usesful till now.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 02:15 AM
    Just se if you can get people to switch to BBM that's what I'm doing with luck. Give them small cookies like nice new stickers and so on makes it better I think

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 04:18 AM
    Thank you for all your replies.

So what I see is:
    I can text as I'm used to now?
    But sending/receiving pictures won't work anymore?

I mean, that's better than nothing.
    I just need to be able to stay in contact with lots of people in there.

And no, I can't convince all of them to switch.
    BBM is (unfortunately) not a thing in Germany.
    Most people ain't even that open to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 04:50 PM