I have noticed that my BB Z10's proximity sensor is not working. Sometimes during the call speaker gets switched on and sometimes with the touch of cheek the CALL ENDs.

My queries are:
    1. Do we have to activate proximity sensor or it is activated by default?

2. I have a tempered glass screen protector/guard fixed on the screen, have you seen proximity sensor working fine with tempered glass screen guard on? Or Is it that as tempered glass is thicker than common film based screen guards/protectors that it renders proximity sensor useless?

Please help.
    07-14-14 09:09 PM
    I can only answer the first question.
    All the sensors are automatic.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    bbz10b likes this.
    07-14-14 09:11 PM
    My experience with two protectors for Z10.

Film had a hole for proximity sensor and didn't interfere.

Glass protector was rectangular without cut outs and blocked light. Phone calls automatically turned off the screen as if I held it close to face. It was annoying and I got rid of the glass protector.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:17 PM
    My experience with two protectors for Z10.
    Film had a hole for proximity sensor and didn't interfere.
    Glass protector was rectangular without cut outs and blocked light. Phone calls automatically turned off the screen as if I held it close to face. It was annoying and I got rid of the glass protector.
    Posted via CB10
    I have a tempered glass protector - a perfect rectangle (of the size of the screen) but without any cut-outs. it doesn't block light , rest everything is working normally, except the proximity sensor. I wish to know if this problem is due to the tempered glass protector.
    07-14-14 09:27 PM
    Proximity sensor works by measuring light (link) and glass protector blocks it.
    You might not see the difference in screen brightness but it might affect other spectrum.
    I got mine from Amazon store and read somewhere that this might be a problem for proximity measurement and in fact it was in my setup.
    You may want to try BlackBerry Virtual Expert app to check proximity readings - in my case it was giving me constant 'near' with glass on.
    07-14-14 10:23 PM
    I have the Mime tempered glass. It does not effect the proximity sensor, or at least not in a manner I can detect. (Maybe I have an easy to detect face.)

BTW, I had something fall on my phone and chip the edge of the tempered glass, and caused a crack in the protector. I haven't replace the protector yet, but it doesn't look like the screen was effected. Thus I think these tempered glass protectors are a good idea.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 12:32 AM
    Hi i have similar problem, i noticed the screen doesnt goes off all the time when in-call with tempered glass (rectangular full screen). Test under BEVE was ok, it detects both far/near.

The front camera works well so i presumed the glass didnt affect the light and color from the inside.

Do let me know if there is any solution to this.

Z10 10.2.1.2977
    07-18-14 04:41 PM
    Hi i have similar problem, i noticed the screen doesnt goes off all the time when in-call with tempered glass (rectangular full screen). Test under BEVE was ok, it detects both far/near.

The front camera works well so i presumed the glass didnt affect the light and color from the inside.

Do let me know if there is any solution to this.

Z10 10.2.1.2977
    The situation is precisely the same in my case. The device passed all BBVE tests, but the proximity sensor does not operate during calls - this is mysterious ....looking forward to some help from other users
    07-18-14 09:16 PM
    Just restart your phone, worked on my z10
    12-08-14 01:20 AM
    with BB OS 10.3.1 upgrade the issue was sorted
    03-01-15 06:42 AM