I'm using whatsapp in my blackberry classic ..and I would like to change whatsapp from BlackBerry to android, but I want to transfer the chat histories from BlackBerry to android...
    I have the "export conversations for android" option in BlackBerry, but it shows the feature is unsupported...
    Is it possible to transfer the chat histories? If yes , how do I do it?
    Problem regarding whatsapp backup-img_20161110_010719.png

Classic
    11-09-16 01:37 PM
    Not sure where it's of if it's able in the classic, but there is an option to save your conversations on Google Drive, I don't know if your version has that option.

Another option is Coping the whole WhatsApp folder in the root folder of another MicroSD and installing in the Android device, install the WhatsApp and recover the backup from there.

The other option I think can be used as last resource is sending the conversations to your email, but it's just to have a record not usable in the new Android device.

I hope it helps you.
    11-09-16 02:54 PM
    I'm using whatsapp in my blackberry classic ..and I would like to change whatsapp from BlackBerry to android, but I want to transfer the chat histories from BlackBerry to android...
    I have the "export conversations for android" option in BlackBerry, but it shows the feature is unsupported...
    Is it possible to transfer the chat histories? If yes , how do I do it?
    Yes, it is possible. Use that feature. It should work. What it does, is create an Android-compatible WhatsApp folder on your SD card, which can be copied to an Android phone and restored from.

Copying the data without using this feature will not work, because the Android app cannot directly read message backups from the BlackBerry 10 app.
    11-10-16 10:44 AM
    Yes, it is possible. Use that feature. It should work. What it does, is create an Android-compatible WhatsApp folder on your SD card, which can be copied to an Android phone and restored from.

Copying the data without using this feature will not work, because the Android app cannot directly read message backups from the BlackBerry 10 app.
    Thanks a lot for this feature!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 04:02 AM
    I have created a file using the "Export conversations for android" in WhatsApp, but I can't find the file that it created! Any idea what it might be called? Thx!
    01-24-17 12:25 AM
    Hi, I was using Blackberry Classic for nearly 3 years and now I moved to Blackberry Keyone but I am having big problem to move my chats on whats app in my blackberry classic to Keyone. I nearly did all what I read from here but couldnt make it. Please some one help me on this.
    05-29-17 11:59 AM