Hello I am having some major troubles with my BlackBerry z10 and BlackBerry Link as well as my PC.
    So the inside scoop is....
    That my BlackBerry z10 will react when I connect it too my computer, but the computer will basically do nothing. Soo...my BlackBerry z10, when plugged in to my Windows 8.1. Laptop, WILL charge.
    BUT, the computer will fail to recognize the device as a DRIVE under 'My Computer'. The computer recognizes it in SOME way, because it is recognized in the Device Manager. Also, when BlackBerry Link opens, it will connect my device, but fail to tell me anything about my available storage (leaves the bar blank), doesn't list ANY of music, videos, documents, pictures. BlackBerry Link ALSO says that it failed to prepare my device!
    I've tried a few things to remedy this, but no luck:
    1) rebooting my device while plugged in
    2) rebooting my device not plugged in
    3) Checking the drivers in Device Manager, but all were up to date and working properly
    NOW, let me point out, that when I tried step 1), my computer scanned the device for new hardware, AND worked perfectly with Link and Drives. BUT, after a few minutes of it working properly, it stopped working properly again!
    ANY fixes are greatly appreciated!!!
    This is a major issue for me, as I can't do ANYTHING like loading music, pics, etc.
    PLEASE HELP.
    Thank you
    07-24-14 04:59 PM
    Have you tried deleting Link? rebooting and reloading Link?
    I have a win8.1 laptop and many say it is a hit and miss thing.
    Mine was a hit. I hope yours works eventually.
    07-24-14 05:30 PM
    As far as getting windows to see your Z10 as a hard drive you must first turn on USB mass storage. Go to settings >storage and access. Then scroll to the bottom and turn it on.

When in this mode you can drag and drop pictures, files, music and such onto or from the device. Also link will not properly work in this mode.

Can't really help with link.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    07-24-14 05:33 PM