My contract is up and I want to upgrade from my Q10. Bell wants $399 for a Priv here in Canada. Samsung and I phone 6 are much cheaper. Is $399 too much for a Priv?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 12:05 PM
    Pretty sure Bell is offering 299 on contract now and if you're a loyal customer your get it even cheaper.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-16 12:34 PM
    And yes the phone is great. Went from z30 and never looking back

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-18-16 12:38 PM
    Honestly? Yeah.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great device. And you DO pay for what you get, it's a flagship device, one the highest end processors, gorgeous screen, etc.

My issue is that 400 on contract is too much for any device.

I'll pay double that off contract, or more. But ON contract? Forget it.

If you can get a deal, or buy it full price unlocked, do it. Otherwise buy something cheap until the price of it comes down.

But DO NOT get suckered into another 2 year contract, just for a discounted device.

At least the Priv is being updated too 6.0

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-18-16 12:39 PM
    The price is not worth it. IMO

I remember when the Q5 came out and it was say around $350 and now you can pick it up for $99 in some stores.

The price you pay for a device is always much higher than its worth.

Buuuut,

if having the device puts a smile on your face and you love using it every single day, then no price is to much to ensure happiness everyday. If you love the PRIV and can afford it. GO FOR IT!

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    02-18-16 12:59 PM
    Honestly? Yeah.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great device. And you DO pay for what you get, it's a flagship device, one the highest end processors, gorgeous screen, etc.

My issue is that 400 on contract is too much for any device.

I'll pay double that off contract, or more. But ON contract? Forget it.

If you can get a deal, or buy it full price unlocked, do it. Otherwise buy something cheap until the price of it comes down.

But DO NOT get suckered into another 2 year contract, just for a discounted device.

At least the Priv is being updated too 6.0

Only problem with that plan is, without a loyalty plan, you'll be stuck with an expensive plan AND full price on a device. Robellus recently butchered all BYOD discounts in order to force people onto contracts.

To OP: make sure you can keep any existing plans as they recently jacked everything up. Take your incremental monthly cost times 24, plus the upfront phone cost to see if it's less than keeping your plan and getting it outright.
    02-18-16 02:24 PM
    Only problem with that plan is, without a loyalty plan, you'll be stuck with an expensive plan AND full price on a device. Robellus recently butchered all BYOD discounts in order to force people onto contracts.

To OP: make sure you can keep any existing plans as they recently jacked everything up. Take your incremental monthly cost times 24, plus the upfront phone cost to see if it's less than keeping your plan and getting it outright.
    I agree keep your plan, but unlocked. If you never get an upgrade, they can't push you to a new higher cost plan.

02-18-16 08:32 PM
    Bell offering the BlackBerry Priv for $299.99 for a limited time | CrackBerry.com

But as others have said before, make sure you get to keep your plan if you like it.
    02-19-16 01:40 PM
    Thanks guys. I'm thinking $299 Is not a bad price. Am going today to pick it up.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 02:27 PM