Phone died, tried charging it, it shows the flash, vibrates, goes blank and repeats the cycle again. I have tried the 30sec power button hold, nothing, pressed the power and volume down button at same time, give me 3 options but its not letting me choose any option. I called bb support center, was told to go buy another one. plssss helppppp
    10-20-16 07:13 PM
    Problem came back. It doesn't charge at all with the original BlackBerry charger... But with my old iPod charger it works, but takes about 12 hours for a full charge. Before it took like 3.5 h :-( And no, the BlackBerry charger is not broken, it works perfectly on my other devices...
    Appears you may have solved your issue.

Problem in output or continuity could lie within charging port or charger itself. Consequently the charger may have adequate output for other devices but not for the Priv.

Try a different charger with similar amperage /voltage characteristics as the original and carefully check the input port for any damage or malformation.

Long story short...change your charger.

Posted via CB10
    Have the same problem. Solution: Put in the micro usb plug very very slowly into the priv. kind of half way first then completely. And it will charge :-) Or try over a laptop's USB-port. Worked also for me.

Or change cable and/or charger. Some combinations - not all tough - turned out to be successful too

But there are definitely some charging issues on the priv. Or is it Android?
    Last edited by Simdj; 10-22-16 at 03:48 AM.
    10-21-16 04:32 AM
    Charged again correctly for a couple of times, but now problem came back...
    Last edited by Simdj; 12-29-16 at 03:49 AM.
    12-24-16 03:38 AM
    Problem came back... But found another solution and it seems to work: When battery is not charging or only shows USBcharging when connected into a wall plug, unplug your Priv, turn of GPS, plug the Priv back in and it charges normally! Then turn back on GPS while charging and it keeps charging... Weird though, but works for me ever since...
    Sounds like software....update the device or reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 11:49 AM
    Update done. Reload OS = to much work... I can live with that solution by now
    12-24-16 12:17 PM
    Problem came back. It doesn't charge at all with the original BlackBerry charger... But with my old iPod charger it works, but takes about 12 hours for a full charge. Before it took like 3.5 h :-( And no, the BlackBerry charger is not broken, it works perfectly on my other devices...
    12-29-16 03:57 AM
    Appears you may have solved your issue.

Problem in output or continuity could lie within charging port or charger itself. Consequently the charger may have adequate output for other devices but not for the Priv.

Try a different charger with similar amperage /voltage characteristics as the original and carefully check the input port for any damage or malformation.

Long story short...change your charger.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 11:00 AM
    I changed chargers and cables, some combinations work, some don't... And when it works, it shows "USB powered" and not "AC powered" and I takes therefore much longer...
    12-29-16 03:55 PM
    I too had that issue it turned out for me it was the charging Cable they have to be only from blackberry or the ones they recommend not generic ones
    12-29-16 04:53 PM
    I too had that issue it turned out for me it was the charging Cable they have to be only from blackberry or the ones they recommend not generic ones
    The original charger and cable don't work at all. They used to though before the last security update. There's definitely a problem with the Priv and charging (too many posts out there). And Mr. Chen doesn't fix that... Disappointing...
    12-30-16 12:55 AM
    I had trouble with the included BB OEM usb cable not seating firmly in the charging port. A slight wiggle of the phone would cause it to quit charging. Couple of times I woke up to a phone that was in the red on the battery meter. Moved to a different cable that sat more snugly and it charges fine.
    12-30-16 03:08 PM