Are today's production line of Priv problem free, or at least with less childhood diseases then when it first came out?

I am one of those who do not see the value of paying anywhere near 600 or 800 for a phone that technically works for a year before the battery dies or the specs requires updates.

Dtek 60 is still a bit high and with the fact that I prefer a keyboard, that narrows down my options to the Keyone with a higher price tag.

Is the Priv with the price today? Has the updates fixed its issues?

/Thanks.
    03-16-17 06:32 PM
    Are today's production line of Priv problem free, or at least with less childhood diseases then when it first came out?

I am one of those who do not see the value of paying anywhere near 600 or 800 for a phone that technically works for a year before the battery dies or the specs requires updates.

Dtek 60 is still a bit high and with the fact that I prefer a keyboard, that narrows down my options to the Keyone with a higher price tag.

Is the Priv with the price today? Has the updates fixed its issues?

/Thanks.
    I think overall users are happy with the PRIV today.... it's not perfect, but no device is.

And as the PRIV can be had for about $300US (Amazon), at today's prices it is a very good "deal" for BlackBerry lovers.
    03-17-17 09:22 AM
    I picked up a PRIV in December of 2016. Despite being dropped several times it has been very solid, very stable.

A couple of days ago the power button wasn't working, after yet another drop.
    Then it started working again later in the evening - no explanation - jammed maybe?

I would totally get a PRIV again: the keyboard isn't as good as the Classic's, but it is VERY usable and if you're coming from a Classic the layout is totally the same - keys are just smaller and less feedback.

Side note: my carrier (MTS in Manitoba, Canada, eh) has PRIVs for $0 on a 2 year contract. Maybe a carrier where you are has a deal. Check it out.
    03-17-17 09:44 AM