I'm thinking of switching over to Blackberry from iPhone. I've been checking out loads of BB product reviews on YouTube to see to my taste since I'm kinda bored of iPhone and rarely use any other apps than the social media and messaging. So I need some advice on which one to choose from: PRIV OR PASSPORT?

Apps I really use on my iPhone are:
    Instagram
    Snapchat
    Twitter
    FB
    Whatsapp
    Netflix
    Youtube (Netflix & YouTube don't bother me that much on the phone since I've got other devices to watch that on)

To be honest, I am leaning more towards to Passport, but I wanna get some advice from actual BB users/owners.
    04-25-16 01:00 PM
    My opinion, because of your particular app needs, would be to go with the Priv (or another android choice). I love my Passport, but those apps are NOT part of my device.
    04-25-16 01:03 PM
    Snapchat basically just doesn't work on BB10. From what it sounds like, they are basically just a bunch of ***** **** *****s to BlackBerry (I censored myself there to encourage cursing in other's imaginations).

Facebook is limited now to basically the Web browser and or 3rd party apps. I'm pretty sure you will find the options less appealing from what you were used to on the iPhone.

Whatsapp is supposedly cutting support for BlackBerry10 at the end of this year. How badly that will impact those with current versions of the app will not be known until that happens.

The Passport is pretty sweet hardware. And I personally love BB10 (which is why I haven't yet made the switch to the Priv). But I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that it won't be the eventual next step. The Priv will have guaranteed support for years to come.

I personally wouldn't recommend BB10 to a user making the switch to BlackBerry now. The Priv will offer a much smoother user experience where the Passport will require much more "tuning" and hoop-jumping to get to work properly. And, even then, some users still wouldn't be satisfied with the lack of the likes of Snapchat and a native Facebook app.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Lusitano17 like this.
    04-25-16 01:19 PM
    Based on what you say really need in the way of Apps.... the PRIV is the only option.

App compatibility for BB10 today is the best it will ever be... and it really isn't all that great right now. You can get most of those apps other than SnapChat... it will just take a little work and you'll have to put up with some limitations.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    04-25-16 01:22 PM
    I'm thinking of switching over to Blackberry from iPhone. I've been checking out loads of BB product reviews on YouTube to see to my taste since I'm kinda bored of iPhone and rarely use any other apps than the social media and messaging. So I need some advice on which one to choose from: PRIV OR PASSPORT?

Apps I really use on my iPhone are:
    Instagram
    Snapchat
    Twitter
    FB
    Whatsapp
    Netflix
    Youtube (Netflix & YouTube don't bother me that much on the phone since I've got other devices to watch that on)

To be honest, I am leaning more towards to Passport, but I wanna get some advice from actual BB users/owners.
    Call me the Cynic. I really think some of these questions from iPhone users who want to switch to Blackberry are frauds.

If as you say, you have been checking loads of product reviews, you would be aware that any device running BB10, as the Passport does, will be extremely limited app wise. Based on the list mentioned, most need a third party client to even make it a possibility.

The Android running Priv, is a different story.

Again, I may be Cynical, but there are too many iPhone users who suddenly want to make the switch, and are very aware of BlackBerry's limited ecosystem, yet they present a list of apps that they "hope" the Blackberry will accommodate.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 03:58 PM
    I'd say keep the iPhone as your device for media consumption and get a Passport for other specific tasks (like work related stuff)

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-25-16 04:02 PM
    Easy. Basic phone functionality: Passport. Apps: Priv.
    04-25-16 06:02 PM
    Call me the Cynic. I really think some of these questions from iPhone users who want to switch to Blackberry are frauds.

If as you say, you have been checking loads of product reviews, you would be aware that any device running BB10, as the Passport does, will be extremely limited app wise. Based on the list mentioned, most need a third party client to even make it a possibility.

The Android running Priv, is a different story.

Again, I may be Cynical, but there are too many iPhone users who suddenly want to make the switch, and are very aware of BlackBerry's limited ecosystem, yet they present a list of apps that they "hope" the Blackberry will accommodate.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I'm the original poster of the question.

I'm well aware of the limitation of apps that BB is known for and you can sideload third party apps onto the device - though the functionality of it is questionable. I'm not a person dedicated to apps and just browse on a occasion and with apps like fb and twitter, I'd be fine with just browsing using a web browser. I really use my phone to message/communicate/call and do a bit of work for assignments and note-taking. I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of my current iphone 6 plus and realised it was a waste of money going into a contract with it. I've got other devices like a macbook and iMac to do my media consumption on, I don't need a phone with an amazing camera quality since I have a DSLR.
    So this is why I'm pretty geared towards the Passport but, I'm also conflicted with the Priv again after these responses. I will probably just go with the Priv in the end.
    04-25-16 08:52 PM
    Priv for the win
    04-25-16 09:10 PM
    iPhone 5 to Priv!! Help Required!!
    For the cynic, I was a Blackberry user for many, many years with my last two Blackberry's being the Bold followed by the Torch until I bowed to peer pressure and got an iPhone - BIG mistake, BIG mistake. Although I have enjoyed some of the experience, I couldn't wait for a way back to Blackberry and the Priv was what did it for me. I need / want a keyboard and so several months ago I bought one. Unfortunately due to financial constraints, I bought off eBay and a 'locked' version to EE. Some seven (7) months of hell after buying an unlock code from EE that didn't work and both EE and Blackberry taking no responsibility for this, I managed to sell it (as a locked to EE version) on eBay and bought an unlocked handset.
    NOW I need assistance copying my notes and transferring my Whatsapp messages over from the iPhone to my Priv. I'm committed to making this work and returning to Blackberry, in case you couldn't tell and any up to date information would be incredibly helpful.
    Finally, it would also be appreciated it anyone can help me to transfer the notes from my Bold and my Torch along with merging my contacts from the old handsets to the new Priv without making numerous duplicates so that I can finally consign my old handsets to a drawer.
    03-31-17 09:25 AM
    Priv for ur apps

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 01:49 AM
    The current future for BlackBerry is devices powered by Android. The choice is clear
    PRIV
    04-01-17 03:08 AM