Hello gentlemens , 2 days ago I buyed a BlackBerry PRIV , so far I have all tipes of Smartphones from Iphone to HTC like 10 brands , but my first ideea about my priv?
    First day , over heating ang making massive updates to all apps and OS around 3 gb.
    Charging full battery in like2h30mins.
    Next day I dowbloaded 2games around 300Mb both. Every time I launch a game after 3 -5 mins I'm nottified that the phone is over heating and he will slow down processes...
    Today I deleted those games and install asphaltnitro of 22MB, thinking the graphich of lasts games was to much. But again after couple minutes warning comes again and the phones like crispystrips , very hot!

Sorry but on other smarthphones I played games over 1 GB over 2 hours before the phone overheating! But never was warned about the temperature of phone!

All dudes with Priv please tell meif is a general issue or just mine is so and I must return it to the store?!
    Cheers fellas
    07-27-16 12:07 PM
    Sounds like you buyed a defective priv

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    07-27-16 12:09 PM
    The honest truth is the phone DOES have issue with heat, BUT it gets a little better over time. First few days are particularly bad as the phone is doing a lot of work to download and update all of your apps. And of course gaming will warm up ANY phone, but yes the Priv particularly so. After a bit of gaming take a break and let it cool a bit. I found I WAS able to game as much as I wanted with out TOO much issue as long as I gave the phone a chance to cool as needed.

Also apps that contact the internet a LOT can cause heat issues. A strange one I found was the T-Mobile app, which I had to delete and JUST use their website to check my usage. I made a web shortcut on my homescreen for it.
    07-27-16 12:13 PM
    Sounds like you buyed a defective priv

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813

English may not be his/her first language!
    07-27-16 12:14 PM
    Hello, this is a priv issue, mine do the same, search Web and you Will find that we are a lot To complain about that. And a i don't accept that i must let a 700 euros cooldown after 10 minutes of playing when a half cost one wild do the job without overheating. And i don't even talk about the perfectible camera ... Hope BlackBerry Will make some updates cause i love my priv...
    pkcable likes this.
    08-09-16 01:00 AM