My Priv really slowed down recently (I have had it for 1 year without any serious issues) and the screen was freezing and slow to wake-up. My internal storage was at 88% so I did full factory reset hoping that may have been the problem. After the factory reset internal storage dropped to 34% but the freezing and wake-up slowness is the same. It takes anywhere from 10-25 seconds to open after a double tap (which causes lost calls that can't be answered in time). I also had my first crash/shutdown, after the factory reset. I do add new apps from time to time and didn't notice if this happened after an app was installed. I did all the Virtual Expert tests that Blackberry has for the screen sensitivity and all is fine there. I have shut down and restarted. Not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    01-03-17 11:56 AM
    Shot in the dark here, but worth a try.
    Turn double tap OFF, do a 32 sec power button reset, then turn double back on.
    Can you check the apps? Go to Settings > Memory, and tap on "Memory used by apps". What apps are at the top 4 or 5?
    01-03-17 01:16 PM
    Shot in the dark here, but worth a try.
    Turn double tap OFF, do a 32 sec power button reset, then turn double back on.
    Ecm likes this.
    01-03-17 01:17 PM
    Android OS 733MB
    AVG Antivirus 146MB
    Android System 139MB
    System UI 137MB
    Google Play Services132MB
    Blackberry Launcher 119MB
    01-03-17 01:34 PM
    The 32 second power button reset worked. Now when I open my case the home screen comes on as it should. Thank you very kindly Wezard....the shot in the dark worked. It also seems to have fixed a wonky app I have been using as well. Is the reset similar to the battery pull of days gone by?
    01-03-17 01:42 PM
    I think the 32 sec is called 'simulated battery pull', something like that anyway. Since you had done a factory reset I wasn't too hopeful. Glad it worked.
    75 to 85% percent memory usage is normal and good for Android, it's the opposite of a PC
    And I'd get rid of that AVG, and any app killer apps you might have, such as Greenify. They are counterproductive and actually slow your phone down. Unless you are in the habit of downloading apps from weird places, and then granting them permissions, you don't need anti virus, and even then it's prob not going to help.But an anti virus will sit t here in the background burning CPU cycles, slowing your phone down and eating battery.
    01-04-17 06:38 AM
    I spoke too early. By the end of the day it was back to lagging after a double tap. If I reset I am good for a few hours until the lag on wake-up returns. I guess I will try your other suggestions of deleting AVG and Norton. I also suspect the wonky app I referred to might be the culprit but unfortunately it is one I use quite often daily and don't have a replacement for it. But I am open to any other suggestions or thoughts.
    01-04-17 03:34 PM
    I also suspect the wonky app I referred to might be the culprit but unfortunately it is one I use quite often daily and don't have a replacement for it.
    Try deleting it for long enough to see if it's the culprit. Then add it back after you have more of an idea. And, sometimes deleting, (uninstalling) an app, doing a reboot and reinstalling will 'cure' it.

And you could name that 'wonky' app, somebody here may be familiar with it.
    01-05-17 05:41 AM