Whenever I try to access google play store on the Priv it keeps saying "Background data disabled: google play store needs background data to be enabled"? I went to data usage (like google says) but its not disabled. I even did the clear cache/data/forced shut/reboot thing but its still the same thing. I really don't know what to do now...
    11-29-15 12:39 PM
    Whenever I try to access google play store on the Priv it keeps saying "Background data disabled: google play store needs background data to be enabled"? I went to data usage (like google says) but its not disabled. I even did the clear cache/data/forced shut/reboot thing but its still the same thing. I really don't know what to do now...
    Settings > Data Usage > Overflow button (the three dots at the top right) You can enable background data here, which should then allow it to work.

This is a data saver feature that must've been enabled.
    Hmm that is strange, so a reboot didn't help?
    12-01-15 05:06 PM
    Can you access the internet through the browser?
    12-01-15 05:07 PM
    Try pulling your SIM out, reboot without the SIM, power down after reboot, wipe the contacts of the SIM, put back in and power up again,.....

Failing that, make sure your carrier hasn't done something to your SIM

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    12-01-15 05:23 PM
    I'm having the same problem, for over a week now. I have done all the above along with cleaning out the cache, and still get the same message. Have you found anything yet to help?
    12-10-15 06:46 PM
    If you are using battery saver you cannot access play store as it turns background data off. You would need to press the square button at bottom right of screen and clear the play store so it is not a running app. Then disable battery saver from the pull-down and restart play store, should work.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Betty Jo and elainebk_nyc like this.
    12-10-15 07:07 PM
    Settings > Data Usage > Overflow button (the three dots at the top right) You can enable background data here, which should then allow it to work.

This is a data saver feature that must've been enabled.
    12-10-15 07:29 PM
    Thank you!! That's what my problem was. It never dawns on me to check that. My battery drain is really bad so I constantly have the battery saver on.
    12-11-15 08:52 AM
    Thank you!! That's what my problem was. It never dawns on me to check that. My battery drain is really bad so I constantly have the battery saver on.
    Android as an OS requires a little tinkering with settings, sync schedules etc to improve battery life--having apps constantly refreshing in the background or really frequent sync schedules for email accounts and such can lead to severely diminished battery performance. I would check into some of those things or maybe have someone you know that's familiar with Android take a look at your phone to figure out what's really going on. I have several email accounts, apps I use constantly all day and just overall am a pretty heavy user and from 7am to about 11 pm I tend to go to bed with 10-20% battery remaining....
    Of course the you could have a bad battery too but hopefully not.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Betty Jo likes this.
    12-11-15 09:20 AM
    I had the same thing, I deleted current updates and reverted it to factory, cleared the cache and re booted device and seems to be fine now!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-11-15 09:54 AM
    Thank you!!
    03-03-16 06:32 PM