The entire chat was retracted from a certain day/time, but the chat was not ended. Later on the chat was resumed. The person was using BBM for IOS vs 3.0 I think.
    I was later told that this was an accident. That the wrong button was pushed.

Is this possible?

I later on discovered that one has to purposely retract a message (or Chat) on BBM. I gotta think that it is pretty hard to do something like this by accident. The software engineers @ BBM have purposely made it so that someone has to specifically push a software button to retract a chat.

Does anyone have any comments? Please list them. Thank you.

Hi there ... it would help if you specify what app you are referring to. If you are referring to BBM, I think it allows you to retract messages any time you want.
    11-21-16 05:22 PM
    It's not that hard really. Tapping on the trash can in the corner of a chat presents two options. End chat, which will delete it from their device only or retract chat, which will delete all messages from their device and all sent messages from your device. One could easily hit one or the other if in a hurry or preoccupied. Have done it myself a number of times.
    It's not that hard really. Tapping on the trash can in the corner of a chat presents two options. End chat, which will delete it from their device only or retract chat, which will delete all messages from their device and all sent messages from your device. One could easily hit one or the other if in a hurry or preoccupied. Have done it myself a number of times.
    11-22-16 03:39 AM