I have this Blackberry Playbook Table from a friend that someone gift it to him. And they did't inicializate in their country. So when i'm tring to do it becouse of my country that don't have contract with the blackberry i can't get the id for download the operating system for the first time. So we are in dot 0. What can we do?. I'm reading in all the network but i could't find it anything yet to how put for the first time the OS without wifi conection.
    Regards and waiting for an answer
    Lilly.
    05-22-17 12:54 PM
    All you should need is to be able to contact the BlackBerry initialization servers... Understand Pakistan blocks some BlackBerry traffic... not sure if that is all traffic. Otherwise it should work.

The should be loaded, your just trying to go through the setup and activate it... correct. At what point does it get "stuck"? WiFi Setup, BBID? Language?
    05-22-17 01:08 PM
    I live in Cuba and don't have access to the server i suposse...don't even appear the country in the select...
    It stuck in get the contract id...
    05-22-17 01:15 PM
    If you select another (US) for English, or (Mexico) for Spanish, that should work.

Are you sure the Wi-Fi setup worked? That is one BIG issue that many have had. Swipe back and see if you can reconnect to your Wi-Fi, or better to a different one. If it's your personal router, try turning off security for a short time....
    05-22-17 01:27 PM
    Also try a different public wifi hotspot if possible.
    05-22-17 01:40 PM
    It doesn't have to do anything with my country???? i will try....now
    05-23-17 08:02 AM
    Don't work it... is for the country... do not exit any tool from computer to put the software in the table????
    05-24-17 08:02 AM
    Don't work it... is for the country... do not exit any tool from computer to put the software in the table????
    There is a way for one to reload the software from a computer, but you'll still be stuck at the setup screen.
    05-24-17 08:26 AM
    It is possible that your country blocks a connection to BlackBerry Servers.... might could try setting up a VPN Service on your router to try and get around this (or see if anyone you know as done this and use their network).

Yes you can install the OS using a computer.... but that isn't your issue, the OS is on the tablet if you are getting the prompts for setting it up. It just hasn't been initialized yet. But if you want to try... download the BlackBerry Desktop Software, install and then shutdown your PlayBook, plug it in and turn it on, it there is an update, that might help you (if traffic isn't blocked).

But you're still going to have to be able to access the BlackBerry Servers to setup the PlayBook.
    05-24-17 08:29 AM