Hi all!

I am new here! Just bought myself a BB Classic and I really like it. It's sometimes a bumpy road but I really like the keyboard, battery, design, OS (sometimes..)....

My main frustration are the Android apps that need extra care. Some work flawless, but some don't. And I have the bad luck that one of the only apps that makes my Android runtime crash, is the app that I need and used to use the most : My banking app. I tried everything so far: I tried previous versions, tried patching with Cobalts patcher, rebooted and reinstalled numerous times already but nothing seems to help. This while a related app (banking signing app for logging in on a desktop pc) works perfectly.
    I have the feeling that this particular app crashes on the welcoming animation. It consists of some kind of visual with a circular shape where you can choose your language (I live in Belgium so we have 3 official languages... Sigh.).

So my question is the following: Is it possible, and if so, is somebody here prepared to decompile / debuild this app's apk, in order to kinda "skip" this animation, so that maybe this app won't crash?

Or, does anybody have any suggestions on how to analyse this crash and identify the issue more precisely than a hunch?

Or... any other ideas for making this app run smoothly on my BB?

Many thanks in advance! I really need this app. I use it all the time and if I cannot get this to run properly, I will have to consider changing to the dark side again... And I don't want to (for now)!

Also, I'm sorry if there are parts where I don't make myself clear enough, English is not my native tongue.

THX!

Grts,
    Phil
    07-26-16 01:59 AM
    I'm not a developer, nor a coder, so I don't know about cracking/hacking the intended app. Is there any way you could use the web version and access the bank services via BB's default browser? You could easily "Add to Home Screen" the page. That's what I do with PayPal, Uber and my bank on my Z30.
    07-26-16 02:55 AM
    I'm not a developer, nor a coder, so I don't know about cracking/hacking the intended app. Is there any way you could use the web version and access the bank services via BB's default browser? You could easily "Add to Home Screen" the page. That's what I do with PayPal, Uber and my bank on my Z30.
    Unfortunately, this is not an option. The login requires a QR code to be scanned with your smartphone, or a code which is generated with a cardreader and my banking card. But that 2nd option would really be a pain in the *** as i would have to carry my card reader all the time. That's why the app was invented...
    This method would probably work though, but wouldnt be a permanent solution.

Thanks anyway for your input!
    07-26-16 03:02 AM
    Apart from trying to find a reliable older build of your desired apk the best alternative is to install ALL of Cobalts stack on your device and then try the patched version again.
    Given the limitations of the BlackBerry runtime you may be returning to the " dark side" sooner than anticipated.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 07:09 AM
    Tried the older versions already et cetera... Think I'll carry my card reader with me for the time being, and lets hope the dark side does not get too attracting too quickly. If BB would present the Mercury before that, I'd stick with BB anyways!
    07-27-16 04:37 AM
    Update:

What the hell. I open the app today and it just loads fine. Animation included. Haven't been logging in yet (needs cardreader for first time) but hey it boots so I guess i'll get logged in just fine.

Any ideas why it doesnt crash after a couple of days? Do some apps have to 'settle in' or build some kind of index or something?
    07-28-16 05:54 AM
    Emmm.... perhaps the creator has read this post somehow and made some changes? Lol.
    But hey, you never know, right? The app did change. I'm happy that it finally works good for you.
    Phil1990 likes this.
    07-28-16 12:33 PM
    Or, perhaps the animation wasn't at fault, rather some process that was going on underneath it. Maybe a server check or something like that.
    07-28-16 12:55 PM