Hi everyone, so I've been bouncing back and forth between android and BlackBerry for years(with an occasional apple thrown in for good measure). I always come back to my first love , BlackBerry ...I currently rock an unlocked passport.
    My question is this, knowing the passport is aimed at the business professionals and not the movie watchers, would you think the passport could be updated to make the media (movies/videos) take advantage of the beautiful big screen instead of smaller cropped video currently on the phone?
    I haven't found any info on why they chose this in the first place. If you have any thoughts I'd appreciate hearing from you
    As always Thanks, chuck...

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:25 AM
    The size of the screen we made more for email, documents and Health care. (x-rays and the like) to give you a wide perspective. Viewing movies will give you the black bars on the top and bottom. This gives you a true representation of how the film was created. I THINK you can zoom in. But in doing so will cut the sides off.

This is my limited understanding and I hope it halls w/ your question.

BleedBlk-
    04-28-15 09:39 AM
    You can pinch zoom in with the native video player not a Utube vid. I do this all the time.

I try to find the best balance between aspect ratio and screen real-estate.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 09:44 AM
    Essentially what you are asking is: will they make a passport with a 16:9 screen. The answer is most likely no. Unless they make a slider, a phone with a physical keyboard is going to have a more squarish screen to make room for the keyboard, otherwise it's a really loooong phone.

FYI- no screen will ever be 100% size compatible with all content. Even 16:9 screens will show blank space when displaying feature movies, on which the standard aspect is 2.39:1 (even wider than 16:9 than HDTV).
    04-28-15 10:05 AM
    Thank you redlightblinking, that was what I was trying to ask..

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 06:18 PM