Is there a way to get notifications to wake your homescreen like on iphone?

Posted via Passport~!
    10-21-14 12:41 PM
    Pop up notifications like iOS?-img_20141021_184424.png

Lock screen notifications.... it's the under security. Or you can get there via hub settings

Posted via CB10
    MrGabriel likes this.
    10-21-14 12:45 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141021_184424.png 
Views:	460 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	308150

Lock screen notifications.... it's the under security. Or you can get there via hub settings

Posted via CB10
    I noticed that in this screen (from 10.3 )it shows the following.....
    Show Sender Only: Turn off to hide subject and message content from the screen.

In 10.2, you can ONLY see sender and subject, you can't see message content like in IOS. Can 10.3 do this now? I've never seen any videos or images showing this ability.
    10-21-14 12:55 PM
    Hmmmm wow. I am surprised. I thought that never changed.

Did I tempt you enough to load a leak?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:57 PM
    Thx I'll try that

Posted via Passport~!
    10-21-14 01:09 PM
    I noticed that in this screen (from 10.3 )it shows the following.....
    Show Sender Only: Turn off to hide subject and message content from the screen.

In 10.2, you can ONLY see sender and subject, you can't see message content like in IOS. Can 10.3 do this now? I've never seen any videos or images showing this ability.
    No, the language is meant to cover all types of messages not just email. A BBM msg or sms, for example, will not have a subject, so what you see is the actual content of the message.

Nothing has changed in what is shown on the lock screen, the only added feature is the option to show only the sender.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 01:14 PM
    No, the language is meant to cover all types of messages not just email. A BBM msg or sms, for example, will not have a subject, so what you see is the actual content of the message.

Nothing has changed in what is shown on the lock screen, the only added feature is the option to show only the sender.

Posted via CB10
    So....what you're saying is that emails don't show message content, even though the settings above refer to the showing of message content, subject, and sender and separate items?

Or, are you saying that, if the email had no subject content it would display the message content instead?

If either of these is the case, then for the OP, you won't get an IOS / Android / BBOS (with Berrypop) type of notification, just a lit screen with sender and subject/content depending on message type.

Hub++ devs have told me that they will be bringing back the popup to their app in 10.3 that they had to get rid of due to BB's blocking their ability to do it as well as light the screen (when it went headless). Supposedly, 10.3 allows them to do a IOS/ Android / BBOS (with Berrypop) type of notification. Crossing fingers.
    10-21-14 01:50 PM
    Hmmmm wow. I am surprised. I thought that never changed.

Did I tempt you enough to load a leak?

Posted via CB10
    It's tempting, but not sure if I understand that process yet. But according to the other poster above, nothing actually changed except the language.
    10-21-14 01:51 PM
    Pop over to the Leak section. Xsacha has made it unbelievably easy.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 02:45 PM
    Is there a way to get notifications to wake your homescreen like on iphone?

Posted via Passport~!
    yes it's possible on 10.3.1 but you have to turn on Lock screen notification first .
    10-21-14 02:52 PM
    Pop over to the Leak section. Xsacha has made it unbelievably easy.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a link to this particular area to get a quick step by step? Not sure where you are referring to. I search leaks and get a lot of various results.
    10-21-14 03:21 PM
    This feature seems to work randomly and is not 100% reliable - At 1st, I thought it was the leaks that I installed on my Z10, Z30 & Q5 but it seems to react the same way on my Passport with official 10.3 O/S
    10-21-14 03:33 PM
    So....what you're saying is that emails don't show message content, even though the settings above refer to the showing of message content, subject, and sender and separate items?

Or, are you saying that, if the email had no subject content it would display the message content instead?

If either of these is the case, then for the OP, you won't get an IOS / Android / BBOS (with Berrypop) type of notification, just a lit screen with sender and subject/content depending on message type.

Hub++ devs have told me that they will be bringing back the popup to their app in 10.3 that they had to get rid of due to BB's blocking their ability to do it as well as light the screen (when it went headless). Supposedly, 10.3 allows them to do a IOS/ Android / BBOS (with Berrypop) type of notification. Crossing fingers.
    For emails, only the subject is displayed, and it there is no subject, only the sender is displayed. No message body at all.

The message body content is only displayed for BBM/SMS type of messages.

Pop up notifications like iOS?-20141021164646.jpg

Pop up notifications like iOS?-img_20141021_164347.jpg

Disregard the "Voice mail" label, that was just me sending myself a test sms (and that's how I have my number labeled as in contacts for some reason).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 03:51 PM
    For emails, only the subject is displayed, and it there is no subject, only the sender is displayed. No message body at all.

The message body content is only displayed for BBM/SMS type of messages.

Name:	20141021164646.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	308196

Name:	IMG_20141021_164347.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	308197

Disregard the "Voice mail" label, that was just me sending myself a test sms (and that's how I have my number labeled as in contacts for some reason).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting those images. So, the only difference in 10.3 is that the screen now lights up to show you this. For the OP, this is not quite what he (or I) was looking for when compared to other OS's.
    10-21-14 04:39 PM
    Thanks for posting those images. So, the only difference in 10.3 is that the screen now lights up to show you this. For the OP, this is not quite what he (or I) was looking for when compared to other OS's.
    Well the OP asked if there was a way to make the screen light up with incoming notifications. The answer to that is yes.

Unfortunately you're right, there's no way (at least using system settings) for an extended (or complete) version of a message to be displayed on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 05:13 PM
    Well the OP asked if there was a way to make the screen light up with incoming notifications. The answer to that is yes.

Unfortunately you're right, there's no way (at least using system settings) for an extended (or complete) version of a message to be displayed on the lock screen.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Yea, I assumed the OP was looking for the preview like Iphone since he said "like Iphone". I'm hoping Hub++ will be the answer.
    10-21-14 05:28 PM
    Thanks guys.

I used the info in here but it just seems intermittent in terms of how often it actually works.

Posted via Passport~!
    10-21-14 05:51 PM
    Thanks guys.

I used the info in here but it just seems intermittent in terms of how often it actually works.

Posted via Passport~!
    I don't have 10.3. WHen you say it is intermittent, are you saying sometimes the phone will alert and also light the backlight, and sometime it won't light the backlight? Or were you referring to something else? I find that occasionally the lock screen will not show the previews, just the icons.
    10-22-14 08:18 AM