New AT&T customer. Want to delete this annoying sync app that refuses to allow me to disable facebook contacts from showing up in my contacts, in addition to not allowing me to chose dark background for my address book. It does not show up in account list under settings but does appear in setup. No matter how many times I deny it, it pops up EVERY time I open my contacts!!
    08-14-15 09:23 AM
    I did not sign in before posting. Please PM me with any solution...

New AT&T customer. Want to delete this annoying sync app that refuses to allow me to disable facebook contacts from showing up in my contacts, in addition to not allowing me to chose dark background for my address book. It does not show up in account list under settings but does appear in setup. No matter how many times I deny it, it pops up EVERY time I open my contacts!!
    08-14-15 09:25 AM
    Try Settings /Security and Privacy /App Permissions . Scroll down to specific app.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-14-15 11:13 AM
    Thanks. I do not see AT&T in the list of apps...

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 11:29 AM
    Sounds carrier-specific if it's from AT&T, trying to sync/backup your contacts?

Can you just delete the app? If not, you could try to run an autoloader for a different OS, non-AT&T version of 10.3.2.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-14-15 11:40 AM
    Go into your contacts. Swipe down. Hit the settings and unmark FB contacts. Back out of the Contacts app and close out and re-open. Here's the catch. Any "regular" contact you have that is also a "FB" contact will be linked so their photo and info will remain unless you "unlink" the contact. However, and "FB" contact that is NOT a "regular" contact should be gone.

Example:

FB Contacts On: 771 people in address book

FB Contacts Off: 264 people in address book

Hope this makes sense and helps.
    08-14-15 11:54 AM
    Duplicate post error
    08-14-15 11:55 AM
    @CrackedRosco. That is the first thing I tried. Whenever I close contacts and then reopen them...the address sync reappears and resets the contacts for facebook.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 12:19 PM
    Try opening the AT&T app and changing the Sync settings to NEVER and then repeat the steps. However there is definitely a glitch in the AT&T software because when I switch back and forth from my Classic to Passport I always have to change my address book settings when restarting the device and it's just a SIM swap without any wiping or restoring.
    08-14-15 04:22 PM
    Try opening the AT&T app and changing the Sync settings to NEVER and then repeat the steps. However there is definitely a glitch in the AT&T software because when I switch back and forth from my Classic to Passport I always have to change my address book settings when restarting the device and it's just a SIM swap without any wiping or restoring.
    I definitely tried that. Nothing seems to get rid of it. This is annoying.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:26 PM
    What about Contacts/ Settings / unmerging and search for contact details. Un check those if checked.

08-15-15 12:00 AM
    @LoneStar. Tried and failed. Been in touch with AT&T and BlackBerry. No one seems to be able to rectify it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:34 PM
    Wow. We may have to start thinking about a reset to factory settings.

08-19-15 01:01 AM
    Wow. We may have to start thinking about a reset to factory settings.

Not sure that would help as I would still connect to AT&T, which seems to be the issue at this point.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 06:43 AM
    Sooo, tried all options, but gave in and did a security wipe. And guess what??? AT&T address book REFUSES to leave my BlackBerry Classic!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 02:38 PM
    So is a separate App from your provider or is it changing your default contacts App? Not confused myself
    08-20-15 02:48 PM
    It's an app from AT&T and it messes up my contact list settings

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 02:55 PM