I have had my Q5 for about 3 months now, maybe less. I dont really use the Device Storage i literally save everything on to my memory card but i keep getting messages saying my device storage is almost full and i cant use my music player or image gallery unless i delete files off my device storage, i cant delete anything because there is nothing left to delete. i have even tried deleting apps and app shortcuts such as YouTube. At first i thought i just needed to get the new OS update so i tried doing that but it keeps telling me to free extra space. i have nothing on my device storage now but it still says i am using 7mb out of 8mb, i have been rebooting it but nothing seems to work.

Also my BBM has recently stopped working as well now. It keeps connecting and then saying there has been an error and re connects but then i click on something and it crashes again which is really annoying because i have a channel that i dont want to loose and friends that i have no other way of talking too, so i cant let them know that i'm having problems.

I have done a diognostic test and it comes back healthy so i really dont know what is causing the problems?
    06-27-14 01:58 PM
    You say you don't use device storage yet you mentioned deleting apps. Those apps are on the device, not the SD card.

Did you have many Android Apps? Some are notorious for phantom data that can only be recovered with a full wipe and reinstall.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 02:15 PM
    I assume you mean GB and not MB. Your Q5 should have 8GB. My Z10 has 16GB with only 7GB left free, so I can see you filing your 8GB pretty easily these days. When you go to Device Monitor... what does it list as your main users (apps) of Device Storage?

Are any of your email accounts set for more than 30 Days? If you select forever, they could use up some space.

If you deleted all of your accounts and all of the apps that are removable.... try a security wipe.
    06-27-14 02:20 PM
    Problem is phantom data left by Android apps. You'll never see it. Only shows as "Other Data".

Wipe/reinstall. Be very choosy regarding Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:16 PM