Hi Guys, long time reader, first time poster. I apologize if this post belonged in another section, I am still figuring out how to use the forum.

I have a Z10 on TMobile. Recently the phone did an OTA "mandatory" update and downloaded 10.2.1.3014 without my permission. I instantly started having problems with the device...rapid battery drain, signal going in an out, slow performance etc.

After a little due diligence I came to find out that 10.2.1.3014 is an ATT update and not a TMobile update. I have no idea why the device updated with this version, but it did.

I contacted TMobile who put me in touch with Blackberry directly. They indicated that we would need to roll back to version 10.2.1.2228, the TMobile supported version.

So while talking to Blackberry support we open Link and begin to make a backup of the device. It wont connect to Link so they have me delete my Blackberry ID and recreate it on the Blackberry website using the same username/email.

Here is where the real problem begins....so after we recreate the Blackberry ID, Link works fine and is able to see the device, but the device itself is now stuck in this weird "limbo." It recognizes that the password has been updated, but it keeps indicating to use the "original" Blackberry ID in order to proceed. Long story short, I now cannot log into Blackberry ID with the new password or the old password (both have the same username/email).

Blackberry says that the only thing that can be done at this point is to wipe the device clean and start over. - Incredibly frustrating because they told me to delete the Blackberry ID in the first place.

I know can get the media off the device, but is there any way to make a backup and not have to start from scratch with this? Its highly customized and have several important text message chains that I would really like to keep.

Any help you all can offer is VERY much appreciated.

P.S. - I am also trying to use Sachesi, but encountering similar BBID issues, and have zero experience with the program, so I'm not even sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks so much!
    12-18-14 09:19 PM
    I don't see where rebooting the device happened. If it didn't, do so and see what affect that has.

Do NOT remove the battery. Hold both volume rockers together until it reboots, or use the power key to restart.
    12-18-14 09:48 PM
    Sorry about that, I forgot to mention that we rebooted several times. Same effect. The device still asks for the original BBID password, which blackberry support had me delete.
    12-18-14 10:53 PM
    Can you download apps from BlackBerry World? Try looking at the festive giveaway. There's a backup app.

Of you can download it (assuming you don't encounter issues with the BlackBerry id), then back up your data and do a security wipe on the phone or reset to factory settings.
    12-19-14 06:15 AM
    Dear OP!
    Welcome to CB community.
    And to address your problem, first, you can NOT change the BBID that is associated with any BlackBerry10 device unless you wipe it and enter a different BBID. And I am not able understand how you "deleted" the BBID from the website. I didn't think it was possible.

Anyway, since link is able to see your device, I'd suggest to take a complete backup of your phone with it. Make sure you don't log in on the link with any BBID.

After that is done, security wipe your phone. Then connect to link and restore your backup. And personally, I don't think you should have a problem with using the version you have.

It is always advised to use the latest official OS that is globally available even if not available with your carrier. On that note, I suggest you download the 10.2.1.3442 autoloader and install it after taking the backup. Once install is over, restore from the backup.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 06:26 AM
    Dear OP!
    Welcome to CB community.
    And to address your problem, first, you can NOT change the BBID that is associated with any BlackBerry10 device unless you wipe it and enter a different BBID. And I am not able understand how you "deleted" the BBID from the website. I didn't think it was possible.

Anyway, since link is able to see your device, I'd suggest to take a complete backup of your phone with it. Make sure you don't log in on the link with any BBID.

After that is done, security wipe your phone. Then connect to link and restore your backup. And personally, I don't think you should have a problem with using the version you have.
    BBID is deletable. Problem there is once that's done, no backup or restore operation is possible since the backup file is tagged with a BBID. The only thing that can be done now is a security wipe and OS reload.
    12-19-14 10:18 AM
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll spare you all the gory details, but at this point we've security wiped. As I'm sure you all know, the phone is still running 10.2.1.3014 (ATT) which is glitchy with TMobile.

I've just spent the last 7 hours trying to work with Blackberry to downgrade to 10.2.1.2228 (official Tmobile supported). Blackberry is indicating there is no way to "downgrade" and the best I can do is to run 10.2.1.3014 and basically deal with the battery drain and glitches.

They are escalating to their next level of support, but more or less said, they don't have a way to do this, so I should just deal with it.

I know that its possible to do this through Sachesi, but have NO IDEA, what I'm doing. Security is important, so I need to make sure whatever download I'm using comes from a safe source.

Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks!
    12-19-14 09:44 PM
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll spare you all the gory details, but at this point we've security wiped. As I'm sure you all know, the phone is still running 10.2.1.3014 (ATT) which is glitchy with TMobile.

I've just spent the last 7 hours trying to work with Blackberry to downgrade to 10.2.1.2228 (official Tmobile supported). Blackberry is indicating there is no way to "downgrade" and the best I can do is to run 10.2.1.3014 and basically deal with the battery drain and glitches.

They are escalating to their next level of support, but more or less said, they don't have a way to do this, so I should just deal with it.

I know that its possible to do this through Sachesi, but have NO IDEA, what I'm doing. Security is important, so I need to make sure whatever download I'm using comes from a safe source.

Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks!
    Do you have a PC or a Mac?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 09:55 PM
    Using a PC.
    12-19-14 10:00 PM
    Download this autoloader, unzip it with 7zip, plug in your wiped Z10, right click the exe and run as administrator. After it reboots, choose your WiFi network, enter in your BBID, and follow the on-screen instructions. Check back and let us know if that was successful.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 10:09 PM