Hey all,

On bb10 we had playon and on my Samsung tablet I have cast. But from my Priv I only see chromecast. Anyone got any ideas?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails playon or cast-7174.jpg  
    12-24-15 01:38 PM
    The cast option in quick settings on the Priv is compatible with both chromecast and miracast.

BB10 only had miracast.
    12-24-15 01:44 PM
    The cast option in quick settings on the Priv is compatible with both chromecast and miracast.

BB10 only had miracast.
    I guess I wasn't really clear. When I play videos on bb10 I had the option to playon. Meaning it casts the video but I am still able to use my phone.

On the priv I don't want to miracast my entire phone and I don't want to use chromecast(I hate chromecast)

On my Samsung tablet from Es file Explorer I am able to cast similar to bb10 but the same app on my Priv just has chromecast as seen in the snapshot

Make sense?

12-24-15 01:57 PM
    I guess I wasn't really clear. When I play videos on bb10 I had the option to playon. Meaning it casts the video but I am still able to use my phone.

On the priv I don't want to miracast my entire phone and I don't want to use chromecast(I hate chromecast)

On my Samsung tablet from Es file Explorer I am able to cast similar to bb10 but the same app on my Priv just has chromecast as seen in the snapshot

Make sense?

It's one of the features I often use on my Q10 using the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

I thought only BB10 could do that (stream media to Miracast adapter while using the phone for something else).

I thought the closest thing to it that Android could do was just be used as DLNA server, but you'd need an additional device to play the media being shared over DLNA.

Am curious to know if Android can do it like BB10.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2876 CB10 
    12-24-15 02:18 PM
    It's one of the features I often use on my Q10 using the Microsoft Wireless Display adapter.

I thought only BB10 could do that (stream media to Miracast adapter while using the phone for something else).

I thought the closest thing to it that Android could do was just be used as DLNA server, but you'd need an additional device to play the media being shared over DLNA.

Am curious to know if Android can do it like BB10.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2876 CB10 
    I know I can because I did it on my tablet. I did think it was es file Explorer but when I went back to check it was a different app. Unfortunately I think it's bakes in the Samsung OS which I don't think I can get on my Priv. See picAttachment 385582

Attached Thumbnails playon or cast-7190.jpg  
    12-24-15 06:15 PM